Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't see the tracks in my playlist (Android)

Hi, I am a Spotify premium user. I can't see my songs when I open my playlist on Android app (I can see my playlists but they are empty). I also cannot go to the artist page. I can listen and change songs by shuffle with my phone but cannot select a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am a Spotify premium user. I can't see my songs when I open my playlist on Android app (I can see my playlists but they are empty). I also cannot go to the artist page. I can...
  • emirbozkurt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Access online - Moto E

I can't access online with a Moto E.I turned off my phone and redowloaded the app multiple times but everytime I try to log in with my email or with other accounts linked to facebook profiles it says that there are problems and to try again later. My...

• I can't access online with a Moto E. I turned off my phone and redowloaded the app multiple times but everytime I try to log in with my email or with other accounts linked to facebook profiles it sa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Musicas param no meio quando estão sendo reproduzidas/ They stop music at the time being reproduced

No modo offline, as musicas salvas, elas param de reproduzir e depois se eu vo para frente elas volta. o que pode ser?-------------------------En el modo fuera de línea, las canciones guardadas, dejan de jugar, entonces voy a enviarlos de vuelta. ¿qu...

• No modo offline, as musicas salvas, elas param de reproduzir e depois se eu vo para frente elas volta. o que pode ser? ------------------------- En el modo fuera de línea, las canciones guardadas, ...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search Option Not Fully Working

Hello community,I have an Android phone and if I try to use the search option it won't let me use it most of the time, I keep getting the same error: "sorry, something went wrong".Can someone tell me what's going on?!Thanks!

• Hello community, I have an Android phone and if I try to use the search option it won't let me use it most of the time, I keep getting the same error: "sorry, something went wrong". Can someone...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No lock scree. Of Galaxy S6 Edge plus

I see people saying they have a lockscreen for Spotify, but its just not working correctly. I just got the new Glaxy S& Edge Plus and I don't see a lock screen at all. If I want to change a song I need to unlock my phone then change the song from the...

• Casual Listener
  • I see people saying they have a lockscreen for Spotify, but its just not working correctly. I just got the new Glaxy S& Edge Plus and I don't see a lock screen at all. If I want to change a song ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lock screen
    Lockscreen control
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Menu to skip song

When i listen music on the app and the screen of my smartphone is looked, I can't access the menu to skip songs. I must do my code and return to the app. But at first it work. Can someone help me

• When i listen music on the app and the screen of my smartphone is looked, I can't access the menu to skip songs. I must do my code and return to the app. But at first it work. Can someone help me
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music pause is missing

when disconnecting from bluetooth device or headphones music doesnt pause and then starts playing on your phone's speakerphone. i've used many many apps and i'm still a paying customer of pandora and not sure on where i want to go but even pandora ha...

• Casual Listener
  • when disconnecting from bluetooth device or headphones music doesnt pause and then starts playing on your phone's speakerphone. i've used many many apps and i'm still a paying customer of pandora and...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Playlists] Do not automatically clear caches!

A constant problem I appear to be having is when my login to Spotify times out and I have to log back in all of my downloaded playlists are gone. This have eaten my data several times as I like listening to my playlists at work where I am on Cellular...

• A constant problem I appear to be having is when my login to Spotify times out and I have to log back in all of my downloaded playlists are gone. This have eaten my data several times as I like liste...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Update, now wont dowload

I updated my Spotify on my android. It's now making me re-download all my music. But nothing with download!!

• Casual Listener
  • I updated my Spotify on my android. It's now making me re-download all my music. But nothing with download!!
  • ag2526
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sd card issue tablet running android 5.1

Hi there, I have got a tablet CHUWI Hi12 and I just got a 64GB mini sd card from Scandisk and Spotify does not seem to recognize it. The tablet recognizes the sd card but Spotify won't give me the 'storage' option. I have tried deleting cache, reinst...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I have got a tablet CHUWI Hi12 and I just got a 64GB mini sd card from Scandisk and Spotify does not seem to recognize it.  The tablet recognizes the sd card but Spotify won't...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops all of sudden when I do other activities on phone.

When I play any song, and open other apps or just stay in main screen, the app stops more than 90% of chance all of sudden. And it even didn't stay where it played the last after stopping, song starts from the first if I push play button again. I thi...

• Visitor
  • When I play any song, and open other apps or just stay in main screen, the app stops more than 90% of chance all of sudden. And it even didn't stay where it played the last after stopping, song start...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No scrolling of current track title

On Android 6 the current spotify version 4.5 doesn't scroll the current track title anymore. Issue is that you can't read the current chapter of a audiobook anymore.That's really bad 'cause there isn't still a sleep timer and now saving of the curren...

• Casual Listener
  • On Android 6 the current spotify version 4.5 doesn't scroll the current track title anymore. Issue is that you can't read the current chapter of a audiobook anymore. That's really bad 'cause there...
  • kiwix
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starts by itself and streams data over mobile network

Account: Premium FamilyPhone: Sony Z2 Every now and then when I’m picking up my phone I notice that Spotify has started by itself and is streaming music over the mobile network although the ‘”download via mobile network” setting is turned off. Very, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Account: Premium Family Phone: Sony Z2   Every now and then when I’m picking up my phone I notice that Spotify has started by itself and is streaming music over the mobile network although th...
  • qw3rt33
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New on spotify - Discover doesn't suggest anything

I've been using spotify for a couple of days now, but when I click on "discover" it still asks me to listen to music before it can suggest me anything based on my taste.Does this normally take so long or is it a bug?

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using spotify for a couple of days now, but when I click on "discover" it still asks me to listen to music before it can suggest me anything based on my taste. Does this normally take so l...
  • Chris2509
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot access individual song menu. Go online to see menu.

I am in offline mode and when I select the 3 dots to bring up an individual song's menu (such as to play it next), it shows me a message saying to go online to see menu. I have never had this issue before. I do NOT have an SD card in my phone which i...

• Casual Listener
  • I am in offline mode and when I select the 3 dots to bring up an individual song's menu (such as to play it next), it shows me a message saying to go online to see menu. I have never had this issue b...
  • jerrawa
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Daily Mix gone

I had Daily Mix in the Spotify app on my phone but today I found it had gone. If I search I find the Daily Mix genre, but selecting that gives me this message I've not listened to much recently, but I find it strange that it says "You'll get your fir...

Screenshot_20161103-204700.png
  • Roadie
  • I had Daily Mix in the Spotify app on my phone but today I found it had gone. If I search I find the Daily Mix genre, but selecting that gives me this message   I've not listened to much r...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume and problem to keep playing

Hello, I have big issues with the volume......it keeps geeting higher and lower by it self all the time, and when i'm listening some playlist it get stuck at same music or keep skiping some. Can anyone help me?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have big issues with the volume......it keeps geeting higher and lower by it self all the time, and when i'm listening some playlist it get stuck at same music or keep skiping some.&nbs...
  • licavczung
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Play Songs Directly

Hi there.Everytime I press on a song on my phone, instead of playing it, it opens the menu for sharing, adding to my songs and more.I can only shuffle play songs on my phone.I have a premium account, the money is paid and everything is working fine a...

• Regular
  • Hi there. Everytime I press on a song on my phone, instead of playing it, it opens the menu for sharing, adding to my songs and more. I can only shuffle play songs on my phone. I have a premium ac...
  • yonatankahana
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's "homepage" is HOME

Hi, before when you entered spotify at your phone, "your library" automaticly appered. this was so nice because then it was just a few tapps to enter your playlist. now HOME apperas and you haw to press many things to get to your playists and you als...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, before when you entered spotify at your phone, "your library" automaticly appered. this was so nice because then it was just a few tapps to enter your playlist.     now HOME apperas ...
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes