Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable "connect"

Disable "connect"

How do I disable spotify Connect from my account? I will be listening to music, and suddenly it switches to play from an iPod in another room- very annoying.

Add to that the fact that the feature is TOTALLY USELESS. If Im holding my phone, why the hell would I need to use my phone in my hand to control the iPad on the table? it makes 0 sense to have this feature.

8 Replies

Hello!

It ssems like you have a problem with the 'Connect' feature. The 'Connect' feature is there if you e.g want to use for phone as a remote for your tablet. It's there for a reason, of course.

As of my knowledge, there is no way to disable 'Connect', but in order to even use the feature, Spotify must be running on both of your devices. Closing Spotify on the device (your iPod in this case), will stop the iPod from playing music. 

You should also be able to choose which device Spotify plays from, by tapping the bar in which it shows which song you are playing, and then in the lower right corner, there should be a button. By tapping that button, you should get a list of all devices that 'Connect' can play from.

I hope this helps you,

Markus.

How can I close Spotify on Android? There is no exit button, swiping off from Recent Apps sceen doesn't stops it completely as Connect opens it up again. It's very annoying, please consider quit/exit button.

The only way I have found is to log out of the app.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@user-removed wrote:

How can I close Spotify on Android? There is no exit button, swiping off from Recent Apps sceen doesn't stops it completely as Connect opens it up again. It's very annoying, please consider quit/exit button.

If you go into the app settings and then set Spotify to 'Offline' you won't have this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@Daniel wrote:

@user-removed wrote:

If you go into the app settings and then set Spotify to 'Offline' you won't have this issue.

That can work as a workaround, so thanks for the reply, although I still have to set to Online next time when I start the app.

Offline mode is a poor solution as it disables all other features that depend on being online (downloading, scrobbling etc.).

Bump

Setting a streaming app to offline sounds like a great solution.

Suggested posts