Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly/Release Radar both only playing in shuffle order?

Solved!

Discover Weekly/Release Radar both only playing in shuffle order?

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

LG Aristo 2

Operating System

Android 8.1

My Question or Issue

I noticed recently that my discover weekly and release radar playlists, which used to play in order, are now only available as shuffle? Is this a change in the way those playlists are handled or am I encountering some strange bug?

Screenshot_2019-02-09-05-13-08.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Elfluffo,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Our tech teams are currently looking into this. We'd recommend heading here and adding your +VOTE to stay updated with any news on this.

If you'd like, you can also leave a comment there with the requested information so we can pass it on to the right folks.

Hope this helps clarify things. Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi this is still ongoing! It seems to only be happening to my release radar now but its very frustrating.

Marked as solution

Hey there @Elfluffo,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Our tech teams are currently looking into this. We'd recommend heading here and adding your +VOTE to stay updated with any news on this.

If you'd like, you can also leave a comment there with the requested information so we can pass it on to the right folks.

Hope this helps clarify things. Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That thread is for a completely different list, it's still broke, AND you closed the topic so we came even vote to have it discover weekly fixed. Get**bleep** together Spotify.

I have this issue as well! Very annoying. Please solve it...

Hey there @AlexiaCross,

If you are on Premium you should be able to select any track from a playlist and the remaining tracks will automatically play in the order they’re listed. You can also turn Shuffle off and on from the context menu (the 3 dots) in the Now Playing view.

If you have a Free account all Made For You playlists should be available to listen to on demand.

In case you can only play those playlists in shuffle mode, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall following the steps here. If the issue persists after that, it'd be great if you could share the following details:

Thanks - Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

OK! Got it changed to order. Thanx

I really hate that there's a big button "Shuffle play" why not just play them in the order they are? If I am driving and like a song I want to easily go back and find the song when I am stopped to like it, I can count and remember five songs back I liked that song. With only the option to play it on Shuffle it makes finding a song you liked a pain in the **bleep**. If you click on a individual song it just plays that song and doesn't continue through the play list so counter intuitive and crappy user interface.

An elaboration on this issue.

I think this is a UX "bug". The now playing view displays a "like" button instead of a "shuffle" button when playing these generated playlists.

This means that the user journey for toggling shuffle becomes very convoluted:

* Back away from npv 

* Back into playlists view 

* (Dismiss popups if they appear) 

* Go into another "normal playlist"

* Start playback 

* Enter NPV 

* **Toggle shuffle**

* Back into playlist 

* Back into library

* Navigate back to your release radar / discover weekly

It's insane that this keeps showing up again from time to time. It's been over 3.5 years. How does the offending code, or lack of code, keep making its way back into the production release?

Suggested posts