Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dissapointing accessibility features on Android application

Dissapointing accessibility features on Android application

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Google Pixel 4a

Operating System

Android version 11

My Question or Issue

I've just gone from iOS to Android and I'm loving it.. except for the poorly designed rendition of the Spotify app. Not being able to queue tracks, search playlists or leave the 'now playing' screen by swiping makes the app literally painful to use - as I often experience chronic pain in my fingers.

I loved how easy Spotify on iOS was to use, and just by applying these few fantastic features on the Android version, I'm sure I would love the app. I use spotify on a daily basis and have happily done so for years and years. I thought that considering Apple music is the biggest competitor that the Android app would be perfect. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I'm really dissapointed in the lack of accessibilty features and not looking forward to the additional pain it will cause me. 

Spotify, please please please rectify this issue. 

1 Reply

Hey there @hoobieT,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

If you can't see these options, we'd suggest you can restart your phone and then log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If that doesn't help, you can send us screenshots of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts