Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloadable Device Limit?

Downloadable Device Limit?

Ahoy Spotifriends! Yesterday, as I opened my app to listen to a playlist, I got a pop-up saying I reached my 3 device download limit, and subsequently had all of my downloads removed from my phone! It's not a huge deal, because I spend most of the day on Wifi, but there are occasions where that's not the case, it's nice to be able to just start my playlists and not worry about burning data. Is there a reason for a 3-device limit, and if so, is there a way to control or indicate the "Primary Device", perhaps based on the device of the Primary Account Holder? If it matters, I'm a Premium subscriber.

Thanks for reading! I hope to hear back from you.

Ashton (PopoChubbs)

1 Reply

Hello Ashton @PopoChubbs,

The reason there is a three device limit is so that you will not be able to give your account to a lot of people and have them download music and be able to play offline. If there was not a limit then many users could be on one premium account all playing the music at the same time as long as they were "offline". The limit makes stops this issue. You can choose which devices you would like to have as your offline devices. You can do so by removing others by clicking here. Hope this helps.

Suggested posts