Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded music does not play in offline mode

Downloaded music does not play in offline mode

Some All of the music I downloaded for offline use on my phone does not play when I put spotify in offline mode. I already did a complete reinstall but that didn't help.

I use a HUAWEI P10lite WAS-LX1A with Android 7.0 and EMUI 5.1.1 with spotify version 8.4.63.584 armV7

In the storage settings of spotify it shows a green bar with 12.6GB for Downloads, which lets me suspect, that the music files are actually stored on the phone.

I selected the highest quality for music downloads.

All songs in question have a green circle with an arrow inside which - to my knowledge - indicates that it is a downloaded song for offline use.

I can click on play and the it switches to the Pause button, however, the timeline indicator showing the progress of the music does not move and neither is there any sound (I checked that the volume is not set to mute).

If you need additional information, please let me know.

edit:

after restarting the phone, some songs are available now, that I had downloaded at an earlier time (weeks ago) and the newly downloaded song are now shown as not available.

2 Replies

Hey @EiTeknikko, welcome to the Community!

If your downloaded music is disappearing, check out the steps under “Downloads unexpectedly removed” here. They should help with this.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Turning into airplane mode, restarting the app, turning airplane mode off, and jumping back into the application seems to work for some reason.  Let me know if this works for you for already downloaded songs.   Could be coincedence.  Not a real bugfix.

Suggested posts