Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy s21

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have no wifi until Febuary 1st and I'm trying to conserve my limited data by using the download function for podcats. I have 95 episodes downloaded and I am following the podcats that I have episodes downloaded from. When I switch to "offline mode" there are only 10 podcats downloaded. When I switch back to online all the podcast episodes appear again. I've tried uninstalling spotify and reinstalling. Now if I do that I will lose anything I had downloaded because I can't download with my data and I have no wifi.

Pictures included below. Let me know if further information is needed!

Screenshot_20220117-080316_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220117-080247_Spotify.jpg
4 Replies

I have the same issue! I googled and there are multiple of these issues where Spotify claims to be aware of the problem and to have fixed it, but that's obviously not the case

Honestly! Just trying to post this to find an answer was difficult and confusing. I never heard anything back, I have wifi now so it's fine. But I've been really disappointed with spotify for the last 2 years and I've had it for at least 10 years. I wish there was a way to better communicate with the company. I feel like a lot of people have had issues since they updated everything in 2020 but there are no answers. It feels like they really just don't care. 

Yes I agree. I found this topic: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Downloaded-podcasts-don-t-show-up-in-Offline...

They claim to have fixed it if you update everything, even though this isn't the solution and multiple people report to already have up to date software

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'll do our best to help get to the bottom of this.

@Ivonne-xx, the Ongoing Issues you've linked to is quite old and it has been fixed for the people experiencing it at the time.

In order to investigate this further, can you provide us with the following info:

• Is this happening only on your phone or on the Desktop app as well.
  • Please tell us your device model, OS version and Spotify version.
  • Is this happening only with podcasts or with songs as well.
  • Let us know if the episodes appear grayed out and unplayable or not all episodes appear, as in the screenshots in OP.

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts