Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs on Android

Downloaded songs on Android

Hi there,  Sorry if this has already been answered but I can't seem to find an answer.  Recently upgraded my phone from an S3 to S7. On my new phone all my songs and playlists appear, but do I have to download them again or are there some data files/cache etc saved somewhere on my my old phone or sd card I can restore?  I noticed I have a com.spotify.music folder on both the phone and sd card memory. One is much larger and has more files/folders in it. If I could, I'd also like to do the same to my tablet but it's not a pressing issue as I dont listen to music as much on it. Again all songs/playlists appear, just seems pointless to chew through data/wifi downloading songs again that I've already downloaded. Thanks!!
3 Replies

I'm afraid you can't transfer spotify music by swapping the SD card to another phone because of DRM so you will have to redownload offline music. I recommend you start by uninstalling spotify and deleting these folders (if they exist) then redownload and install spotify again.

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

Thanks Joe. I've recently read though that you can have up to 3 devices on Premium which will play all songs you've previously downloaded, yet I'm still not able to do this either. It's my understanding you have to log onto your desktop version of Spotify though every 30 days to keep all d/l songs. What if you don't have a PC? I don't need a PC - my phone and tablet are enough. Surely in this day and age there must be a way. If I have to download all my songs again, I doubt I'll continue to pay for Premium and will serisoulsy consider keeping it all together!

You do need to go onto the internet at least once every 30 days on any device which contains downloaded music to maintain your offline music settings. If you don't the downloaded music will become unavailable. This is so that spotify can check you still have a current premium subscription. A PC isn't required.

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/playlists/listen-offline/

Suggested posts