Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

A notification keeps showing up saying "Downloading 0 of 1...." every time I connect to WiFi. It can't be dismissed and just won't go away. I'm also convinced this is draining my battery. 

Screenshot_20190131-093108~2.png

The first time I had a similar notification a while ago, one of the forums said to delete any unplayable songs from my downloaded playlists. This was tricky as not all my downliadow playlists were made by me - I either removed the whole playlist from downloads or had to femvor songs from my own playlists one by one. 

This time, I don't seem to have any unplayable songs in my downloaded playlists so I have no idea how to get rid of this notification.

Evenif I could find unplayable songs, I don't see why I should have to manually remove them from my downloads....surely the app should just ignore those songs when downloading just as it does when playing!

Of course, just because removing unplayable songs worked the first time, it may not be the cause this time .

This seems more like a bug if you ask me.

11 Replies

I have the same issue. It's been happening for days and really bothering me. I hate seeing unnecessary notifications. Looked for unplayable songs as well but it's impossible to find so I undownloaded a bunch of playlists...  HOW DO YOU FIX THIS?!  

Kia ora, I've been having this same problem and I think I might have fixed it - I had a podcast that got 'stuck' while trying to download. The notification went away as soon as I removed that download. Hopefully this helps!

Same issue on LG V30 fully updated. This is consuming a lot of battery life. Come on, Spotify!! Fix this!! 

This was it for me as well.  Thanks!

@clare_oc wrote:

Kia ora, I've been having this same problem and I think I might have fixed it - I had a podcast that got 'stuck' while trying to download. The notification went away as soon as I removed that download. Hopefully this helps!

The same problem, I have a download notification all the time. I shouldn't have to look for a problematic download manually. Spotify, please, fix it.

I have the same issue here, its new to me. It popups around a week or two ago, first time after using spotify since last year.

Hey @AdvancedGamerHH@Segrey@Lacrema and @rajd,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try reinstalling the app using these instructions and removing all Offline devices from this page? You'll need to re-download songs you want to have saved however.

Hope that will fix the issue. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

A quick question - all the re-downloading would have to be manual since the app wouldn't remember which songs were downloaded, right?

I have this same problem. It won't go away. I don't have any podcasts and there are no songs waiting that haven't already been downloaded.

Hey there @BrianM71

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to double-check, have you tried restarting the device? Make sure you try this step first, as it tends to solve issues with stuck notifications or device processes. 

Another thing we suggest is performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. We recommend the clean reinstall as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted.

There it is.  They want you to update the app/reinstall so they can add more permissions and take more data.  Sigh.  

Suggested posts