Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading every single day

Solved!

Downloading every single day

Hello.

I have a big problem with my app.... I have to download my playlist every single day....

Downloading my playlist of songs - about 500, and I have it saved. But next day, when I need to use my spotify outside - no music, again 0...And I need to download again.

I have premium sub, and it's little annoing for me right  now.

Could  someone help me? Why Spotify deletes my song moments earlier (day) obtained.

Previously, everything was ok until the Spotify application changes and their problems.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Would you be willing to try running spotify with the cache in internal storage for a few days? If so, please follow these steps:

• Uninstall spotify
  • Remove the external SD card
  • Redownload and install spotify
  • Listen to or download some music
  • Reinsert the SD card

Let me know if your music now stays downloaded please.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi. What android and spotify versions are you using? Do you get any error messages? What device are you using and is spotify using external SD card?

Htc one v

Android version: 4.0.3
Spotify ver: 1.1.0.113 - I have nothing to download from market.

No error messages.

Spotify using my external SD card. (I guess, in information about app in center i have information: sd card: 1.2gb, where i have only 500mb without sd card so..)

Right. I suspect the issue will go away if your cache was on internal storage but before we go down that road, could you try reformatting the SD card in the phone then reinstall spotify and let me know how it goes after that.

Don't forget to back up anything else you have on there, apart from the spotify folders.

My problem started a few days ago - on the old SD card. I went to my friend by car - about 100km listening spotify music. Then when I returned my music was gone. So I decided to buy new SD card to have more GB, cause was on limit with my music.

So I wiped all my phone, formated new card, and installed spotify. (My android don't ask where to install) so it's probably on internal memory. But music is on external. Well like always, and it worked correctly.

I also noticed my spotify app just removing all configuration: like last.fm login/password and some other config: streaming/downloading quality.

WTF....

1 am, and again everything disappeared. 

So once more time @

Formated sd card, downloaded new spotify.

Like in topic about new app:

1. playing offline songs previously downloaded. It takes ages to start playing
  2. it kes ages  just to show "my albums"
  3. the app seems not-responsive in general
  4. clicking "settings" sometimes shows just a black screen
  5. turing off mobile data when playing music (downloaded on the device!) stops the music after a while…
  6. sometimes the music just stops, especially when I’m using another app in the same time, a bad cpu or memory share?
  7. offline songs previously downloaded are deleted after a few hours

But I dont care about 1-6 info, it's maybe device problem. but 7 it's not only my problem as I see.. and it's little bad to download everyday my playlist. Could you give me some advice? You said you suspect problem. 

I would be grateful.

Marked as solution

Would you be willing to try running spotify with the cache in internal storage for a few days? If so, please follow these steps:

• Uninstall spotify
  • Remove the external SD card
  • Redownload and install spotify
  • Listen to or download some music
  • Reinsert the SD card

Let me know if your music now stays downloaded please.

Suggested posts