Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading music to external SD card, another one...

Solved!

Downloading music to external SD card, another one...

I've done the re-installing, I've done the clean re-installing, I've done the re-installing with the SD card out then putting it back in and moving files around, and nothing seems to work.

I've got a Huawei y300 with Android 4.1.1, the very newest version of Spotify, a 32gb SD card that is literally empty until I start to download and I can't get it to download more than a quarter of my songs without saying that there's no space. I've tried going back to my old card which had the songs downloaded (and still should) but it still doesn't want to sync. 

Is there ANYTHING I can do to download my playlists? And when will Spotify work around this as, from the posts I've been reading, this has been going on for a long time...

75 Replies

I am using a Moto G 2nd (8gb internal memory) with Android 5.0.2 running Spotify 3.3.0.988

At the beginning every offline stuff was saved on the internal memory because I inserted the 32gb memorycard later. After going to settings -> Apps -> Spotify -> using "force stop" - using "clear data" -> using "clear cache"

Then I logged into Spotify again I set up spotify and without changing the settings for the quality Spotify saved the stuff at the external memorycard

I will have one more go today and reinstall an older version of Spotify and see if it saves music to my SD card and if it doesn't work I will not be renewing my Spotify Premium.

@Alassieth wrote:

I've done the re-installing, I've done the clean re-installing, I've done the re-installing with the SD card out then putting it back in and moving files around, and nothing seems to work.

I've got a Huawei y300 with Android 4.1.1, the very newest version of Spotify, a 32gb SD card that is literally empty until I start to download and I can't get it to download more than a quarter of my songs without saying that there's no space. I've tried going back to my old card which had the songs downloaded (and still should) but it still doesn't want to sync. 

Is there ANYTHING I can do to download my playlists? And when will Spotify work around this as, from the posts I've been reading, this has been going on for a long time...

I have been using Spotify for years and so dissapointed to find it is not resolving this problem. 

@Alassieth wrote:

http://www.apkmirror.com/page/2/?s=spotify&post_type=apps_post

Working for me on my LG G4, after a couple of attempts. Thanks for this!

Well at last after many hours and days Spotify is saving music to my 32gb SD card on my Moto G 2nd edition. Today I took all the apps and transfered them back to the phone from my SD card and then I just had about 1 gb left on the internal memory.  I wrote down the amount of memory on the internal and sd card  and started downloading lots of songs and it went on to my SD card. 🙂 Internal memory sat the same and sd card memory got less. 

Hi All,

Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.1.2.

I am having the same problem and nothing is working. I have plenty of room on my SD card and have tried all of the above and nothing has worked.

What is even stranger is in the 'Storage' sub menu in 'Setting', the Device Memory goes down when I download the songs but the SD memory stays the same.

Now here's the weird part, if I go into 'Application Manager' and go to 'Spotify, as the songs download, the SD card storage goes up.....

Spotify are about to lose a premium customer of over a year unless I can get this sorted this week, it's an absolute joke.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Keith Brennan.

Hi @keith3721

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

omg what is wrong with spotify soooomany people have this same problem entirley  because theres no option to put you music on your sd casrd none of there advice on retarting deleting cache reinstalling works this service is awfull ive had the app put the files on the sd card before and every few days there gone again and when you REDOWNLOAD ALL OF YOUR PLAYLIST AGAIN IT PUTS THEM BK ON YOUR PHONE im so cancelling my spotify bloody useless

Same problem on Galaxy s4. I actually had this issue about a year ago and cancelled premium. Thought they might have resolved it by now. Nope. Guess I'm cancelling again. Maybe try again next year.

Same problem on S3 Neo . The clean cache and set download quality to Extreme did the trick for me. Once the cache was created I set the download quality back to normal so I can store more music on the same space. It didn't went back to the device storage. so Hooray!! Thanks for sharing this work around.

Done it. Still desyncs. All my song have be re
downloaded. It is really frustrating.

me too

@Eellie87 wrote:
I have the same problem with my Moto E. Spotify was the main reason I bought the 32gb SD!
Any solution ???

same here

This is just ridiculous. Doesn't work on Lenovo P70 with 16gb external card.

The fix worked for me, Thanks  Samsung Galaxy s4 16GB w/32GB SD Card.

Deleted the Cache

Uninstalled Spotify

Reinstalled Spotify

Logged back in to spotify

Chose Extreme Quality under Music Quality/Download

Checked SD Card and saw the com.spotify folder with the Cache files.

I've tried all of the above but nothing works, on HTC one M8.

Did you clear the cache, which should automatically log you out of Spotify, uninstall the App and then restart your phone?

Yeah I did.

Tried it but nothing seems to work it dose say com.Spotify then cache in sd but my storage info keeps going down but the sd card remains the Sam
Marked as solution

The steps I followed to get it working:

1. Open the Spotify app go to settings and scroll to the bottom and select delete cache and saved data .
2. Uninstall the Spotify app (I believe this is the main step that got this working)
3. Download and install Spotify again log back in
4. Select extreme quality for download
5. Download your tracks for offline
6. Now to check whether it’s worked, use a file explorer i used ES file explorer any one will do though. go to the extSD card file path select the Andriod folder , then Data , then look for com.spotify.music folder that will confirm that it’s all working and saving to your extSD card.

It worked when I deleted the caches and uninstall the app then restart the phone and reinstall the app and change it to extreme quality. But finally it's working

Awesome 👍👍👍

Suggested posts