Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts playing out of phone speakers when phone receives phone call or similar

As title explains I'll be listening to a song on the Spotify desktop app with my phone locked and the Spotify app closed when a triggering event such as a phone call causes the music to stop playing out of my PC headphones and instead blares it out a...

• As title explains I'll be listening to a song on the Spotify desktop app with my phone locked and the Spotify app closed when a triggering event such as a phone call causes the music to stop playing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Music Not Playing in Offline Mode After Downloading.

I have recently paid for spotify premium, mainly because I wanted to be able to download and listen to songs offline. The problem Is that it doesn't work at all. I can download the songs, have them playback when in online mode, but when switching to ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently paid for spotify premium, mainly because I wanted to be able to download and listen to songs offline. The problem Is that it doesn't work at all. I can download the songs, have them p...
  • chubbyconx
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify crashing on android phone

spotify keeps crashing and stopping randomly when i run it in the background. it happens randomly with no trend or rule to it and does not alert me. i have tried restarting my phone and deleting and reinstalling the app, and i update whenever i need.

• spotify keeps crashing and stopping randomly when i run it in the background. it happens randomly with no trend or rule to it and does not alert me. i have tried restarting my phone and deleting and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how to save to SD card?

Hello.I am enjoying Spotify with Xperia X Performance.I think that there was a setting to save downloaded songs on SD card until now, but now it is gone. Does anyone know how to save to SD card?

• Hello. I am enjoying Spotify with Xperia X Performance. I think that there was a setting to save downloaded songs on SD card until now, but now it is gone. Does anyone know how to save to SD card?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

works bad

In the last weeks it works badly, very slow, the searches do not find results, I am going to cancel my subscription

• In the last weeks it works badly, very slow, the searches do not find results, I am going to cancel my subscription
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

galaxy s5 crashes everytime

Hi i use a galaxy s5 with Spotify premium. After i have done a New update, my Spotify crashes a soon as i press on my playlists or use the search function or use the Browser function etc. I dont get any error message, Spotify just immediately crashes...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi i use a galaxy s5 with Spotify premium. After i have done a New update, my Spotify crashes a soon as i press on my playlists or use the search function or use the Browser function etc. I dont get ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android] Spotify randomly pauses Samsung S8+

I know this is a somewhat recurring problem from what I've seen in the forum thus far in my research, but my player randomly pauses during playback. It's most noticeable when connected via Bluetooth in my vehicle or to an outdoor speaker, but in test...

• I know this is a somewhat recurring problem from what I've seen in the forum thus far in my research, but my player randomly pauses during playback.  It's most noticeable when connected via...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem connecting Sportify Premium for android phone and laptop under one account.

I have just upgraded to Sportify Premium using my android phone. But when I access my account via laptop, it still shows Sportify Free?!How can I link or connect them together so that I can enjoy both devices under one account with Premium service?Th...

• I have just upgraded to Sportify Premium using my android phone.  But when I access my account via laptop, it still shows Sportify Free?! How can I link or connect them together so th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art missing on some albums

Hello, i have a samsung galaxy j3 2016 and a premium spotify acc ( idk if it matters). Some of the artworks in my library are missing when i go offline, i tryed literally everything... Reinstalling the app, clened cache, removed devices etc.. When i ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i have a samsung galaxy j3 2016 and a premium spotify acc ( idk if it matters). Some of the artworks in my library are missing when i go offline, i tryed literally everything... Reinstalling t...
  • Gorkyyy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading songs

Hi,I have fewer than 10k songs but when I try to save a new track nothing happens. The 'saved' screen doesn't pop up. I'm using WiFi to download but it's not happenimg. Help!!!Thanks!

• Hi, I have fewer than 10k songs but when I try to save a new track nothing happens. The 'saved' screen doesn't pop up. I'm using WiFi to download but it's not happenimg. Help!!! Thanks!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays music i dont have or like and will randomly stop and start songs!

Please help me! i am getting really annoyed with spotify randomly changing from playing my music to some random **bleep** from Kudos - how do i make it stop doing this? secondly why is my spotify randomly pausing? the other day i paused spotify as i ...

• Please help me!   i am getting really annoyed with spotify randomly changing from playing my music to some random **bleep** from Kudos - how do i make it stop doing this?   secondly why...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Huawei Mate 9 automatically resume playing

I m not sure if this situation on other device / brand or not.For example I pause the spotify music and then i listen to a whatsapp voice msg, and right after the voice message is finished, the Spotify resume playing music automatically.How to stop t...

• Casual Listener
  • I m not sure if this situation on other device / brand or not. For example I pause the spotify music and then i listen to a whatsapp voice msg, and right after the voice message is finished, the S...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • huawei
    mate9
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly pauses, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Hey guys, So I first noticed the random pausing happening more and more frequently anytime I was connected to a listening device via bluetooth but days later it started happening at any time even when connected via headphone or auxillary. I read the ...

• Hey guys,   So I first noticed the random pausing happening more and more frequently anytime I was connected to a listening device via bluetooth but days later it started happening at any time...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

music disappeared?

hii have an issue with spotify premium. i had some albums downloaded on my cell phone and after i deleted the download, i couldnt listen to them in online mode as well, neither on the phone nor on the computer. if i search them, they wont appear. doe...

• hi i have an issue with spotify premium. i had some albums downloaded on my cell phone and after i deleted the download, i couldnt listen to them in online mode as well, neither on the phone nor on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloading says SD-Card is full

Spotify says there's no space to download for offline use but my SD-Card has 40GB free. The internal storage is showing 30.75GB free of 32GB. The option to change storage for offline tracks is unavailable. I have an HTC One M9 with Android 7.0, and I...

• Spotify says there's no space to download for offline use but my SD-Card has 40GB free. The internal storage is showing 30.75GB free of 32GB. The option to change storage for offline tracks is unavai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
    Storage on sd card
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth issues in car, track info and changing track, xperia Z5

After updating my Sony Xperia Z5 to Android 7.0, several functions no longer work i my car when connected via Bluetooth.What does not work anymore is changing songs from the car controler and information about the current song does not show on the ra...

• Casual Listener
  • After updating my Sony Xperia Z5 to Android 7.0, several functions no longer work i my car when connected via Bluetooth. What does not work anymore is changing songs from the car controler and infor...
  • 3quilibrium
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution payment failed

if I'm paying for premium it says always "oops it seems that your load balance in ypur prepaid card is insufficient". In fact I still have 135pesos load

• Casual Listener
  • if I'm paying for premium it says always "oops it seems that your load balance in ypur prepaid card is insufficient". In fact I still have 135pesos load
  • jhnknntt7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution downloaded song son spotify

i saved a load of songs onto my phone so that i could listen to them when i have run out of internet or im offline but after a while i seem to lose them all and i need to downlaod them all again anyone know why this is?

• i saved a load of songs onto my phone so that i could listen to them when i have run out of internet or im offline   but after a while i seem to lose them all and i need to downlaod them all a...
  • JuanCamilo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! This song is not available error.

Hi,I am spotify premium member and I've got a problem. When I tap on a song to listen (in offline mode), it doesn't play it and it pops up a message : "This song is not available".Please help me fix it.Thanks.

• Visitor
  • Hi, I am spotify premium member and I've got a problem. When I tap on a song to listen (in offline mode), it doesn't play it and it pops up a message : "This song is not available". Please help me ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download Spotify from Play Store

I own Huawei Honor 6 phone and there is lot of free space left. I have restarted my phone several times but still Spotify doesn't download from Play Store. What should I do?

• I own Huawei Honor 6 phone and there is lot of free space left. I have restarted my phone several times but still Spotify doesn't download from Play Store. What should I do? 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes