Premium

Country

INDIA

Device

SAMSUNG GALAXY A8 star

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue
I was traveling on an airplane and it so happened that as soon as I lost connectivity, I wasn't
able to open the app and it asked me to log in.
And it happens everywhere now.
As soon as I switch from wifi to cellular 4g data (i have a gap between the connectivity from wifi to 4g) like 5 minutes or so, then it asks me to login again in that 5 minutes offline status gap (i am not sure if you maintain an offline session on the phone), I even tried the offline mode but the app still asks me to login again.
And I am not sure, even if I have internet connectivity the songs get downloaded again and again.
I have to mention this, I have enabled auto clean up data on my phone, its a Samsung feature I guess, but will that remove the Spotify downloaded data(i am not sure on this).

3 Replies

Hey @harry_spot,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind performing a clean reinstall of Spotify to tackle this connectivity issue? It'll allow you to start off with a brand-new (as well as the most up-to-date) version of the app. Take a look at this Spotify answer to find out more. 

Regarding some of your songs getting downloaded over and over again, it'd be great to try and disable any power-saving or data-cleaning settings on your device or to authorize Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being active. This should help your downloads stay stable. 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your updates!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok, I already did a reinstall of the app, will try doing that again.

it started downloading again.!!! 😞
Will try reinstallation and get back

Suggested posts