Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads won't play in poor\weak data areas

Downloads won't play in poor\weak data areas

I have numerous songs and podcasts downloaded to my phone for offline use. Whenever I'm driving in poor data areas Spotify won't play my downloads and even has issues opening the app and showing my playlists/podcasts. If I'm already listening when passing thru a poor data area I have no issues but if I close the app or even pause what I'm listening to for a few mins then when I try to resume the download from the play screen it will act like it's trying to play by changing the play icon to a pause icon but the seconds will stay at 0:00 even if I was halfway through the song\podcast. So I will have to wait till the app will allow me to see my downloads and select what I was listening to from the download list. I have tried in these poor signal cases to completely close the app and try again but it still take awhile to see even my downloads and that kind of defeats the point of trying to resume by just pushing play. I have also tried switching it to offline mode when I have poor signal but it still will not show anything even downloads for awhile. One would think that no matter what kind of signal one had that downloads should play flawlessly. Does anyone have any suggestions or similar issues?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9+

Operating System

Android Pie

5 Replies

Hey @Roland2422.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Downloads should continue playing in areas with bad coverage. Especially if you have Offline mode engaged.

Could you try removing all Offline devices from this page and reinstall the app using these instructions? This should reset everything.

We hope it will work then! Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Downloads will continue to play in poor data areas it's when I pause them that they stop. For example I had to stop in a network area for an hour or so. I pressed pause on my app, did what I needed to do and when I was ready to leave I pressed play and it took 10 mins before it actually started to play my downloaded podcast again by which time I was already coming back into reception. I tried removing the app and redownload all songs me podcast but it didn't help. 

Hey there @Roland2422,

Thanks for getting back in touch with these details!

Just to confirm, does this only happen on your Android device? It'd be useful if you could try using a different device and let us know how you get on.

If the issue only persists in your original Android device, we'd recommend checking the following:

• Make sure that your device is up to speed with any software updates.
  • Make sure that your Android device isn't listed more than once here. If it is, you'll need to remove both listings and perform a clean reinstall of the app on your device once more.
  • All relevant app permissions for data usage are enabled. You can find these in your device's settings > Apps > find Spotify and click it > Data Usage.
  • Spotify is set as an exception for any cache clearing or battery optimization apps.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It is all working good now. I believe it was the uninstall and reinstall of the app and the redownload of all songs and podcast.

Hey again @Roland2422,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear that a clean reinstallation of the app did the trick!

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. 

spotify:track:06Zz2l7cVTCTgCNDe1bnEF

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts