Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Editing playlist order on spotify mobile (Android)

Solved!

Editing playlist order on spotify mobile (Android)

Why doesn't spotify support manually changing the order of playlists on the mobile version?

Is there some kind of technical hurdle to work around or are Spotify just not listening to the people that are asking for it?

220 Replies

Voted

Ok so I haven't been able to change my playlist order since last year when I moved my Xmas lists to the bottom. Can we now so this again on a pc? spotify told me earlier this year we could no longer move lists.

My dad just show me his Deezer app on Android. All the thing that I need and Spotify cannot implement even if they are basic thing for all music lovers. Decision is made bye bye Spotify and your lack of listening to people.

I just subscribed for spotify and i must say if after my 3 months at 0.99 cents it still the way it is now i will cancel. Basic things like adding app control to my lock screen and re arrange my songs are soo complicated on this app. They can do a lot better than this. What a shame on this developers. This app sucks on android.

@Woodparis wrote:

My dad just show me his Deezer app on Android. All the thing that I need and Spotify cannot implement even if they are basic thing for all music lovers. Decision is made bye bye Spotify and your lack of listening to people.

Thanks for the tip.

I just cancelled my Spotify family subscription. I will try Deezer instead.

Yep, went over to Deezer aswell.

Hmm it doesn't seem that my Raumfeld streaming devices supports the Deezer service.

There are a few apps which do this.  I use Managr For Spotify. it is simple to use and fairly effective.  

I am able to reorder the songs on my custom playlist on Android. What i did was, opened the playlist on the desktop application. Essentially dragged and dropped songs where I wanted them. Once completed, I also force closed the app on my phone and reopened it. When i selected my playlist, change the Filter option to Custom and there it was, in the order from my desktop application. 

Yes, we're all aware that reordering can be done on pretty much any device other than an Android device (including a desktop).  That's the point of this thread: bring functionality that exists on every other Spotify platform to Android.  They clearly know how to do it.  They just don't want to.

The best solution for people who don't want to be tied to a desktop is to use a third party app as has been suggested elsewhere in this thread (Managr for Spotify was the one specifically referenced and it seems to work).  As for me, the third party app I chose to manage my playlists was Google Play Music.

**bleep**. Round and round we go. This thread has been around for years and years. The work around on the computer is known. What we want is the ability to do it on our phone or tablet. For those of you who have suggested alternatives to Spotify, thank you. I will be looking at those, I have also just about had it with Spotify.

Still here! Come on, it can't be so difficult to add the edit button so that we can reorder our playlists using android. 

Manager for Spotify app from the play store works well - Guess that Spotify
doesn't care, in fact they are probably happy to let someone else do the
work..

Hey guys,

It likely isn't difficult to add that functionality, however, Spotify are most likely very busy working on other features to be able to work on these smaller features.

When they have time I'm sure they will get the feature out ASAP.

Best,

Jordan

Haha yeah right.... How many weeks - Oops I meant YEARS and Spotify STILL
has done Nothing to fix this Basic function! A song sums it up best "Cry me
a River.."

@ShaggySkunk-c,

I understand your frustration, I really do, but in the end, I have as much control over this as you do. As much as I would like to see this feature implemented again, I don't feel it is critical to my user experience to have it. Yes, some of you will disagree with me and that is fine, but the best we can do is vote for the idea and hope it is implemented.

Well I understand what you are saying, and I'm not going to stop using
Spotify... But it's pretty pathetic that Spotify is seemingly unable (or
unwilling) to add not a "feature" but a pretty basic function! When a 3rd
party developer (manager for Spotify) is able to allow changes to the order
of playlists, that very strongly suggests that Spotify is just plain
unwilling to add this basic function to the Android version of the app...
Wonder if Apple is paying them not to add it.... Quite possibly!

I'm sure it will be added again, they may just be doing more backend stuff at the moment. But hey, if we keep voting they are bound to look at this again!

Also glad to hear you're going to continue using Spotify, maybe that'll convince them to expedite the features reintroduction into the app, you know, because they have awesome people in the userbase!

Anyways, if I hear something I'll be sure to post it here, so be on the lookout!

Happy streaming!

Can't believe I'm back to this thread, still unable to edit playlists. Does Spotify operate on a skeleton crew? How the **bleep** does such an extremely basic feature continue to be left out?

I am an ex Apple user. And I use playlists for my coverband to practise the songs at home. The arragements chance from time to time. It is absolutely insane to me that I can not arrange my own playlists on my android phone. Or on the webapplication for that matter. Seems a super basic feature to me. Ohh how I miss the days of WINAMP.. Please sort this out Spotify. I am paying 10 euros every month for the past 4+ years.. I will cancel if this is not sorted within a reasonable time.

Suggested posts