Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Enormous CPU usage

Enormous CPU usage

I noticed that my battery was getting drained at a very high rate while using the ICS beta app on my Motorola Atrix with 2.3. CPU usage was 30-50%! Uninstalled and downloaded old Spotify app from play store, but Im still getting 30-50% CPU usage! Songs also stutters quite often.
4 Replies

I have nearly the same. I have a Galaxy Note with ICS 4. The CPU usage is 80 to 90%!

The battery is empty faster than I can charge. I hope there is an update soon.

I'v got the Note myself. Haven't checked how much resources the app uses, but I have seen the battery drain in hours when using Spotify.

Think it was 4 hrs or 5 hrs when playing Music via Spotify and doing nothing else with the device.

I'v also found that the Ultimate Juice Defender works great on keeping the devices battery to last longer.

While re-charging, it surely does drain faster than it can re-charge.

Think I'll check the CPU usage at some point. Haven't had problems with it.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hi, thanks for your info. If i put spotify in background, I have no problems. But if I use Spotify, not the Widget, that Spotify used the cpu sooooooo much. But now I know, use the widget or the system control, and it works 😉

Could you tell how did you check the CPU usage? If I put Spotify to play some tunes, and jump to task manager, its showing CPU usage 1.5% - 0.4%.

While changing songs it was round 2 %

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Suggested posts