Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error messages when trying to watch Shows

Error messages when trying to watch Shows

Some users may find they get an error message when trying to watch video Shows on Spotify.

Content providers demand digital rights management (DRM) protection against unauthorized viewing of some of their content. Because only newer OS’s can satisfy the technical requirements of DRM, devices with older OS’s are not able to view certain videos.

To fix this, just make sure your device is up-to-date with the latest OS and try again.  

4 Replies

What do we do if we're on the latest version of the os and still get that error when trying to access shows?  If it matters, this is regarding audio podcasts, not video.

The shows aren't available for me, is it because I'm from the PH?

I have a phone with the latest os but you know it's not fair how many phone manufacturers, carriers don't give users the option to upgrade to the latest.
Its been improving over the years but still shouldn't the drm component run independent regardless of the operating system? Poor design of the drm component in my opinion.

Try uninstalling and installing and if that don't work try restarting yiur phone

Suggested posts