Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra & Samsung Galaxy Watch

Operating System

One Ui 3 & Tizen

My Question or Issue

Hi, my original issue was that not all of my own curated playlist would download onto my Galaxy Watch, but after following the troubleshooting suggested (uninstalling the app etc) I found that even before I download the playlist, those songs were greyed out. Looking through the list of greyed out songs I recognised that they were those that would be excluded by the explicit filter. I have checked my phone app and the explicit filer is set to allow these songs but this isn't reflected on my watch. I also cannot find any mention to allowing explicit songs in the watch settings.

Can someone advise if they are aware of how to resolve this issue? 

Thanks, 

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tank710,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try unpairing and pairing your phone and watch again?

If the songs aren't available on neither device, we recommend removing them from the playlist on your phone so they're not shown on the watch.

Sometimes content is removed from the app due to licensing agreements. You can read more about Spotify content here.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @tank710,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy, 

I performed the clean install for both phone and watch as per the instructions but the same songs were still greyed out on my watch.

However, I thought I'd check with the playlist on my phone (didn't think to check this previously) and those songs were missing from the playlist on my phone. I checked settings and turned on 'show unavailable songs' and those appeared but also greyed out in my playlist.

So since I put together the playlist, certain songs have become 'unplayable' why is that?

The good news is I should be able to find playable versions and add them back in but just a bit annoying to show them on the watch when the setting on my phone can hide them. 

Marked as solution

Hey @tank710,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try unpairing and pairing your phone and watch again?

If the songs aren't available on neither device, we recommend removing them from the playlist on your phone so they're not shown on the watch.

Sometimes content is removed from the app due to licensing agreements. You can read more about Spotify content here.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Thanks, I have removed the unplayable songs from my playlist which in turn removed them from my watch. Thanks

Hi @tank710

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help 🙂

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts