Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

random/shuffle play

random/shuffle play

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Huawei P10 Lite

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

In my app I choosed to listen a playlist in random order (shuffle play). I also can see the next songs that will played after and use "go back" button to listen previous songs.

If I shutdown the app and re-open it again I can finish the music I was listening (as Spotify ususally does) but the next songs to be played with the shuffle play are not the same.
So I ask: is the random order option a real shuffle play? When the app changed the "next songs" to be played will I listen again one of the songs I listened before with the random mode activated?
Somehow with me random order is not a real shuffle play. A funny thing is that in Windows Desktop version we have a real shuffle play.

3 Replies

Hey there @LSMelo,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

We tried this from our end and was not able to reproduce the behavior you're experiencing.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello.

I unistalled and reinstalled again the app.

The behaviour stills going on. When for some reason my phone closes the appp I open it agian. My playlist still remains in random mode but sometimes the next songs are changed and even repeats what I listened before.

My playlist has 300 songs. Is suposed random mode being a shuffle mode, right? Spotify should play all songs before starting to start to repeat them again. could be something regarding being an Huawei phone (OS or something like that)?

Hey @LSMelo,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this? 

It's also worth giving it a shot using a different internet connection. It will help us take a better look at this issue.

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts