Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

random/shuffle play

random/shuffle play

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Huawei P10 Lite

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

In my app I choosed to listen a playlist in random order (shuffle play). I also can see the next songs that will played after and use "go back" button to listen previous songs.

If I shutdown the app and re-open it again I can finish the music I was listening (as Spotify ususally does) but the next songs to be played with the shuffle play are not the same.
So I ask: is the random order option a real shuffle play? When the app changed the "next songs" to be played will I listen again one of the songs I listened before with the random mode activated?
Somehow with me random order is not a real shuffle play. A funny thing is that in Windows Desktop version we have a real shuffle play.

3 Replies

Hey there @LSMelo,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

We tried this from our end and was not able to reproduce the behavior you're experiencing.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello.

I unistalled and reinstalled again the app.

The behaviour stills going on. When for some reason my phone closes the appp I open it agian. My playlist still remains in random mode but sometimes the next songs are changed and even repeats what I listened before.

My playlist has 300 songs. Is suposed random mode being a shuffle mode, right? Spotify should play all songs before starting to start to repeat them again. could be something regarding being an Huawei phone (OS or something like that)?

Hey @LSMelo,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this? 

It's also worth giving it a shot using a different internet connection. It will help us take a better look at this issue.

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts