Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Voice Search

Voice Search

Does anyone know how to disable the new feature where it screams back at you the thing you just asked it to search, and then autoplays the first result?

For example: If I click the microphone button and say: "Heart of a Dragon", before today it would beep quickly and then pull up a list of songs matching that description and resume playing whatever I'd been listening to while I browsed the results.

Now the app shouts: "GOT IT! HERE'S THE RESULTS FOR 'HEART OF A DRAGON'" (which takes considerably longer than a beep, even besides being obnoxious and unwelcome) and then picks the first thing from the list to automatically play. That this isn't even the artist I wanted is never considered. Fewer results seem to fit onscreen as well as the UI seems to have been changed to have a much larger font.

If there is no way to return to prior functionality, presumably because the R&D department huffed too many corporate buzzwords like 'modernize', 'integration', and 'streamline' while trying to justify their paychecks, then does anyone know how to override the microphone feature so that I can just use the regular voice typer that comes with my android keyboard?

Is there a keyboard app out there that has that feature?

1 Reply

Hi @PlzBeQuiet

Welcome to the Community! 

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If you have any questions, just let us know!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts