Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Favorite Songs Are Missing

Favorite Songs Are Missing

I recently made the switch to Spotify and have encountered nothing but problems. I'm running the version with "Favorite Songs" instead of a normal Library like everyone else I know. I was getting used to the system and noticed on the Android app that there was nothing under Albums--I had to manually "heart" them in order for them to save there (whereas on my Windows version, the albums just corresponded to the ones in my Favorite Songs). After hearting all of the albums I wanted, I noticed my Favorite Songs was missing about 2,000 songs. I tried unhearting an album to see if it would go back, and nothing. I checked to see how many were missing on the Windows version by creating a playlist from the Favorite Songs. All of my Favorite Songs were still there, but the Android app is still missing them. However, when I look at the songs under that playlist I made on Windows, they all have hearts... it seems as though the Favorite Songs might have everything it's supposed to, but is displaying an incorrect number? I can't view my queue on the app though, so I can't be sure.

I want to like Spotify so bad but I don't know what to do! I've redownloaded the app, cleared cache, restarted my phone, and just about everything else that I could think of and read online to try. Please help.

UPDATE: I FIXED IT! If anyone else is having this problem, you have to unheart the albums from the Android version. I would recommend creating a playlist of your entire Favorite Songs list, because when you're done unhearting them they'll be gone from the Favorite Songs on Windows as well. So after unhearting, you can simply add all the songs from the playlist back into Favorite Songs and they'll be there on Windows and Android. Unfortunately this means there's no way around not having specific albums saved, but it's better than not having all your music saved!

0 Replies

Suggested posts