Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on Android (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
448 Replies

How can I contact spotify they have taken money out my bank I have not authorised, is there a contact number as I can't find one

Thanks

All problems that I had with previous versions of Spotify for Android have been fixed.  Spotify just works for me, now, and for that reason I rarely give so much as a thought to the 10$ I spend on it, each month.

Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

@Sallyanneluck wrote:
How can I contact spotify they have taken money out my bank I have not authorised, is there a contact number as I can't find one

Thanks

I have the problem that very often when i open spotify, my offline list says it is 99% downloaded. When i scroll down the list, i find a random track that i downloaded a long time ago that is not downloaded. Why is this always happening?

@KjartanTh wrote:
I have the problem that very often when i open spotify, my offline list says it is 99% downloaded. When i scroll down the list, i find a random track that i downloaded a long time ago that is not downloaded. Why is this always happening?

I have a feeling this might be related to this bug

Either that or the track is no longer available on Spotify but your phone is still showing it for some reason. Can you play it when online?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Pretty much those two questions you guys posted up is what I'm having problems with in my phone (LG Optimus L9). I can't have an offline playlist without it needing an internet connection. It always says "Loading" on my playlists everytime I take it offline.

I have those issues at the moment. When I download playlists, they stay downloaded for about a day and then they're gone. The weird thing is that I can see that the space they took up on my external SD card is still used, so the files arent deleted. It has happened twice now and after the first time i deleted Spotify, rebooted and reinstalled and the issue came back.

Also it didnt use to happen on my old phone (Huawei Y200) that had an older version of android.

My current phone is a Huawei Y300 that runs Android 4.1.1 and EmotionUI. Will this actually ever be fixed? I can see from previous threads that this issue has existed in some form for more than a year without any fix.

I have this problem

I can't manage to play my starred list offline (that is, without any wifi connection)

It doesn't even load the list of the songs, there's a loading icon showing up and is stuck there.

When I connect to wifi, the list loads and I can start to play the music.

This is a drag when I'm out of home, I can't play anything.

It makes Spotify pretty useless.

My phone is an THL W8 Beyond, with Android 4.2.2

If you have synched that list to your mobile device, try going online briefly and it should show then go offline again - it should still be available and play. There is a thread here which you should add your details to as the devs are trying to pin down what is causing this to happen. Thanks.

@FreDre wrote:

I have this problem

I can't manage to play my starred list offline (that is, without any wifi connection)

It doesn't even load the list of the songs, there's a loading icon showing up and is stuck there.

When I connect to wifi, the list loads and I can start to play the music.

This is a drag when I'm out of home, I can't play anything.

It makes Spotify pretty useless.

My phone is an THL W8 Beyond, with Android 4.2.2

yes, but if i'm outside without any online connection, I'm screwed. Can't play any song. Even if I put Spotify offline, it doesn't allow me to listen to my list.

My starred list has local songs too which are not downloaded into the offline list on my mobile device.

I don't know if this helps.

I have had both issues since i moved my storage location to my external sd card. Every time spotify starts up, there are a few playlists that start downloading 1 track, but it never finishes, so it just stays at 99 percent completion. I also have issues where i won't be able to play some of my offline tracks. Then, spotify usually crashes and all my offline data is wiped, followed by a message that says that i don't have an sd card. I then need to restart my phone and redownload all my playlists.

Edit: None of my offline tracks seem to be playing anymore. They play fine with an internet connection, but as soon as i turn off data spotify crashes and deletes all of my offline data. This  is really frustrating, as i've already downloaded my playlist 3 times. Each time, the offline tracks stop working, and then spotify crashes and deletes all of the offline data. The only temporary fix that i've found is restarting my phone and re-downloading, but it's pointless if the offline playlists don't even work.

I do have a seriously problem about the second point: I have a lot of playlist marked as available offline. The main one, “Library”, has ~2500 songs in it. Every single time I open Spotify, I find out the app has lost at least 50 songs, and wants to download them again for offline playing. This also happens for smaller playlist, with just 10-20 songs in it.

I tried everything to troubleshoot this problem. I tried removing the whole cache and the songs, completely remove the app, download them on the internal storage or the external SD card, but nothing helped.

This is very frustrating.

Nope, doesn't work. Turned off all wireless connections, and then connected it to my pc with an usb cable. But no synching.

Funny that when i press on a playlist on my device and then press download it seems to work. It even places the chosen list in the box with downloaded playlists. But when i open the downloaded playlist it says that the songs are not available.

Frustrating though.

I've now been getting a problem where Spotify constantly tells me that it can't find an SD card, and to fix this I have to reboot my phone. The next time I go into Spotify, all my data is deleted. 

So I'm having a closely related issue.  For the past couple of weeks, when I request that a playlist be downloaded to my phone, it downloads most but not all of the songs.  The songs it doesn't download appear to be random (it's not just local files not syncing).  This happens when I download over wifi sync (which I prefer, since I have local files) or otherwise.  Any help?

Description

Most of my playlists works in offline mode. But some doesn't and they get stuck loading them. They work great streaming on all my devices but not in offline mode on my phone.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. First I reinstalled spotify. Removing cache and data and deleting com.spotify.android.mobile.ui on my SD-card

2. Then I factory resetted my custom rom I was on (Paranoid android 3.15)

3. Then I installed an older version of spotify

4. Then  I reinstalled spotify. Removing cache and data and deleting com.spotify.android.mobile.ui on my SD-card

5. Then I flashed back to the stock i9300 jellybean rom

6. Then I reinstalled spotify. Removing cache and data and deleting com.spotify.android.mobile.ui on my SD-card

7. Let it rest for a while since it only was a couple of my playlists not working.

8. Experienced the same issue on carbon rom

9. Removing cache and data and deleting com.spotify.android.mobile.ui on my SD-card

10. Not finding any solution and putting up a post here

What I expected to happen

I expect all my fully downloaded playlists be able to play in offline mode.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

i9300 Galaxy s3

Device’s Operating System

4.2.2 Jellybean

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

9,05 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

18,3 GB

Is your device rooted?

Yes

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

Carbon-JB-NIGHTLY-20130727-0735

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

Yes

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No (not the last time)

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

No

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

When using WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.1.57.ge.7405149

My mobile provider and country

Telia Sweden

My username

Defecto

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

Yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Spotify login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Screenshot in offline mode

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0qlgrywxdqijhk/Screenshot_2013-08-19-19-36-28.png

Screenshot in online mode

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufgcsjmb6ksu8jr/Screenshot_2013-08-19-19-55-55.png

I also have issues with local files, synched offline as playlists. Sometimes, it looks like that some tracks have not been downloaded or Spotify tries to download them again. However, the files have already been downloaded and generally can be played offline.

It seems that Spotify always crashes when it beliefs that it has to download tracks again. When this happens, obviously the playback stops and then you have to wait 10 - 20 secons until Spotify "recovers" itself. First it is logging in again, then it is loading the playlist and then (if I have luck) it loads the last track that was played before. Sometimes it does load an older track or does not load a track at all.

Very annoying!

some general facts around my device:

I expect all my fully downloaded playlists be able to play in offline mode and not cause to crash Spotify.

Yes

No

Your device

LG Optimus 4X HD

Premium

9,18GB

0,92 GB

Is your device rooted?

No

No, stock LG Android ROM

Yes (in former versions of Spotify). I assume the current version recognizes it by itself.

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No (not the last time)

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

N/A (don't know)

latest (but did not enocuter the issue there)

Congstar Germany

My username

Smörre Bröd (Face Book log in)

No

Facebook

No

Description

After syncing some tracks to use the spotify offline I cannot start spotify , app always crash an sends an error report

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same error)

1. deleted the /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui directory from the SD card

2. uninstalled an reinstalled spotify app

3. successfully started Spotify app

Expect spotify app not to crash when logging on after downloading tracks for offline listening

Yes

Yes

Your device

Galaxy Express.

Androisd 4.1.2

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

2.06 GB

1.96 GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

2.35GB

Is your device rooted?

No

No

No

No

Yes

n/a

n/a

3 Sweden

My username

yes

Spotify login

no

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?
Yes, its extremely enoying not to be able to play offline! 

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?
No

Yes

Yes

To give a bit more information:
I have multiple playlists, but the one I prefer the play while in the car is not available when driving. If I allow spotify to connect at home and start the playlist, it plays. But as soon as I travel back from work/what ever. it's not available anymore. This month I used about 110MB of which 60MB is only spotify. This wouldn't be much of a problem if I had more than 50MB data to "spend" in my subscription. Thus spotify is costing me more than the €10 euro I pay each month, because of this bug. 

Suggested posts