Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sharing my song

My device says that my song is there, On spotify you can see that the song is on the site but it doesn't let the user play the song when the link is shared. You automatically have to shuffle to different songs. Why is that? I'm trying to get my song ...

• Visitor
  • My device says that my song is there, On spotify you can see that the song is on the site but it doesn't let the user play the song when the link is shared. You automatically have to shuffle to diffe...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app used to freeze and shutter the screen possibly lead to purple vertical lines

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceSony KDL-50W800COperating SystemAndroid TV My Question or IssueHave been using Spotify for Android TV for sometime now and have noticed that the app occasionally shutters my TV's screen and freezes after a couple of songs, I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India Device Sony KDL-50W800C Operating System Android TV   My Question or Issue Have been using Spotify for Android TV for sometime now and have noticed that the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Black screen since upgrade

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanadaDeviceLenovoOperating SystemAndroid 7My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada Device Lenovo Operating System Android 7 My Question or Issue  
  • aozgovde
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No se escucha después de cortar una llamada

Hola. Tengo un Xiaomi MiA3 con android 10. Cuando estoy escuchando y recibo una llamada o veo algo en instagram que cambia el sonido... Spotify se corta y no se escucha más... Pero se sigue reproduciendo... Es un bug en android 10? Porque con Google ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hola. Tengo un Xiaomi MiA3 con android 10. Cuando estoy escuchando y recibo una llamada o veo algo en instagram que cambia el sonido... Spotify se corta y no se escucha más... Pero se sigue r...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No controls on lock screen/DND/Android Pie

Hi All, I would like to be able to see Spotify controls on my lock screen when Do Not Disturb mode is on. My DND settings are to hide all notifications, only allow media and alarms. Even after going into notification settings for Spotify and setting ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   I would like to be able to see Spotify controls on my lock screen when Do Not Disturb mode is on. My DND settings are to hide all notifications, only allow media and alarms. Even aft...
  • pwalk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pauses at 1 second for each song

PlanPremium Country USADeviceMoto Z2 forceOperating SystemAndroid version 8.0.0 My Question or IssueWhenever I skip a song it plays to one second but then freezes/pauses but then keep playing the rest of the song with no problem but if i let a song f...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium  Country  USA Device Moto Z2 force Operating System Android version 8.0.0   My Question or Issue Whenever I skip a song it plays to one second but then free...
  • Fab12321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find repeat option on Android (Spotify Free)

PlanFreeCountrySpainDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 5A PrimeOperating SystemAndroid Nougat 7.1.2 My Question or IssueI can't find the repeat option in the Now Playing section, I tried selecting the three points and all I've got is the Add to Library option a...

• Plan Free Country Spain Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime Operating System Android Nougat 7.1.2   My Question or Issue I can't find the repeat option in the Now Playing section, I trie...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    repeat button
    spotify free
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Huawei p20 - Problem downloading songs from Spotify

I have Spotify premium and a Huawei p20. The problem is to download songs from Spotify so I can play them when I am offline. I have turned on the button "Download using cellular", but still Spotify shows only a black circle with a green arrow in fron...

• Visitor
  • I have Spotify premium and a Huawei p20. The problem is to download songs from Spotify so I can play them when I am offline. I have turned on the button "Download using cellular", but still Spotify s...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Huawei P20 - Problems downloading songs from Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Remove a downloaded Spotify playlist from a Samsung Gear S3

Plan == Premium FamilyCountry == US DeviceSamsung Galaxy S3 frontier My Question or IssueI have downloaded a playlist from Spotify to my Gear S3, but will want to remove it to free up space. How do you do this? I can't see, from the interface, a prom...

• Visitor
  • Plan == Premium Family Country == US   Device Samsung Galaxy S3 frontier    My Question or Issue I have downloaded a playlist from Spotify to my Gear S3, but will want to r...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Gear
    S3
    Samsung
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

song will quit playing 20 seconds to the end.

I'm a paying Spotify customer, I have the app on my Droid 2 and I have for the last three months.It wasn't until recently that I'd be listening to Spotify and the song will stop about 20-40 seconds 'til the end and not continue. I attempt to hit play...

• I'm a paying Spotify customer, I have the app on my Droid 2 and I have for the last three months. It wasn't until recently that I'd be listening to Spotify and the song will stop about 20-40 secon...
  • JennPerri06
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution One Song Keeps stopping "Cradles" by Sub Urban

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 10Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueSomeone else had the same problem, The song "Cradles" by Sub Urban suddenly stops playing at 0:47 every time when I'm listening on my phone. It was s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device Samsung Galaxy 10 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Someone else had the same problem, The song "Cradles" by Sub Urban s...
  • Piero_LG
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Lock screen Pause button not work

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceTest on a Samsung Galaxy A80 + Galaxy J6Operating SystemAndroid 9 + One UI 1.1Spotify Version8.5.49.973 My Question or IssueThe pause button not work on the lock screen (Look the gif) 

gif.gif
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Test on a Samsung Galaxy A80 + Galaxy J6 Operating System Android 9 + One UI 1.1 Spotify Version 8.5.49.973   My Question or Issue The pause button...
  • Dams678
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not ask for SDcard permission. Can't use SDcard.

Workaround below. Sharing whole story for feedback to spotify. Has a problem with Spotify filling up my internal storage. It has previously used the SDcard no problem. Card hasn't changed. Other apps can still use it. In settings there are 2 storage ...

• Music Fan
  • Workaround below.  Sharing whole story for feedback to spotify.   Has a problem with Spotify filling up my internal storage. It has previously used the SDcard no problem. Card hasn't chan...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue = Human playlist?

PlanPremiumDevicePixel 4xl Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueQueue. Is it possible to place request, for having a human playlist in queue (with posters and recent played tracks)? It's so annoying when u wanna return to a few tracks befor...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Pixel 4xl  Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Queue.  Is it possible to place request, for having a human playlist in queue (with posters a...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No spotify album art in lock screen on my huawei nova 2 lite

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceHuawei nova 2 LITE Operating SystemAndroid EMUI My Question or IssueMy new phone the nova 2 lite doesnt show the spotify song/album art in the lock screen like my old sony xperia, it has basic controls like play/pause and ski...

•   Plan Premium Country   Device Huawei nova 2 LITE  Operating System Android EMUI   My Question or Issue My new phone the nova 2 lite doesnt show the spotify song/album...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution song keeps stopping at 0:35

PlanFreeCountryHong KongDeviceSamsung Galaxy a50sOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or Issuethis particular song keeps stopping at 0:35 and wont start unless i skip the song. I tried reinstalling but that doesnt work

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Hong Kong Device Samsung Galaxy a50s Operating System Android Pie     My Question or Issue this particular song keeps stopping at 0:35 and wont start un...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Music offline delete on my phone

PremiumCountry france DeviceSamsung A8 2018Operating System Android My Question or IssueEvery time I restart my phone, all my downloaded songs disappear on my SD cardI have to sync them again.

• Regular
  • Premium Country france   Device Samsung A8 2018 Operating System  Android    My Question or Issue Every time I restart my phone, all my downloaded songs disappear on my S...
  • jalygann
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song list stuck on 'Loading in progress' in BMW Head-up

PlanPremiumCountryPolandOperating SystemAndroid 9 with all available updates installedSpotify app version8.4.97.807My Question or IssueThe song list shown in the head-up/windscreen display always shows: Loading in progress (or something like this - i...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Poland Operating System Android 9 with all available updates installed Spotify app version 8.4.97.807 My Question or Issue The song list shown in the head-up/win...
  • claim
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 9.0
    BMW
    songs list
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly changes playlist.

Select a playlist, playlist starts a few seconds in music and play are completely different, nothing that I have selected before or have shown interest in. PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePixel3 Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Qu...

• Casual Listener
  • Select a playlist, playlist starts a few seconds in music and play are completely different, nothing that I have selected before or have shown interest in.  Plan Premium Country US Devi...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    PC
    pixel3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Family Mix not working on Android v8.5.32.889

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle Pixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueFamily Mix was working fine when I was the only person in it. I just added a family member, and now if I try to open it on Android I get stuck in the "W...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Google Pixel 3 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Family Mix was working fine when I was the only person in it. I just added a...
  • Xenia
  • 9 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 14 likes