Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

-

-

• Visitor
  • -
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify still pausing constantly

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8 My Question or IssueI am constantly having an issue where Spotify pauses songs and podcasts at random on my phone. It has rendered the app useless on my phone. It doesn't matter if I am connected to WiFi or ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy 8   My Question or Issue I am constantly having an issue where Spotify pauses songs and podcasts at random on my phone. It has rendered the ...
  • xjnm
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

New Releases For You is gone

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceHuawei Y6 2018Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue"New releases for you" is gone. All I can seem to see now is old recommended albums from "similar" or "because you listened to". Bit fed up with Spotify constant...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Ireland Device Huawei Y6 2018 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue "New releases for you" is gone. All I can seem to see now is old recommended ...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

android auto

PlanPremiumCountryisraelDevicexiaomi mi9t proOperating Systemandroid - miui 11 My Question or Issue spofity keep pauses in android car. can't understand why and how to fix it.i try all kind of things like reinstall the spofity app, the android car ap...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country israel Device xiaomi mi9t pro Operating System android - miui 11   My Question or Issue  spofity keep pauses in android car. can't understand why and how to f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album covers in list

My Question or IssueSinds yesterday i see little album covers in my Spotify list (android Oneplus 5). This makes the screen look really chaotic and i cant find a way to turn this off.

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Sinds yesterday i see little album covers in my Spotify list (android Oneplus 5). This makes the screen look really chaotic and i cant find a way to turn this off.
  • didemozkann
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

App running very slowly and freezing

hi all,as far as I see my Problem has not been reported. When I open the app Images do not load for About 15 sec and then start loading very slowly. When I search for Playlist it takes very Long to load the songlist. When I hit one song, it starts, b...

• Visitor
  • hi all, as far as I see my Problem has not been reported. When I open the app Images do not load for About 15 sec and then start loading very slowly. When I search for Playlist it takes very Long to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Un-able To Play Songs, "You Discovered a Premium Feature!"

PlanFreeCountryJapanDeviceSamsung Galaxy Tab A Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhenever I try to play a song, it says "You discovered a Premium feature!" and doesn't play any song.I have tried:reinstalling, clearing cache and data

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country Japan Device Samsung Galaxy Tab A   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play a song, it says "You discovered a Premium...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play older saved songs when offline, only the last 25

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen i want to play songs offline, it only works with the last +-30 songs. When I try to play...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue When i ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • old
    won't play
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stranger tracks during album playing

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFreeCountryItalyDevice(Samsung Galaxy A50)Operating System(Android 9) My Question or IssueWhy when I choose to play an album doe...

• Regular
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free Country Italy Device (Samsung Galaxy A50) Operating System (An...
  • ms7527
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

A band that I was listening to stopped working

My Question or Issueyesterday A band that I was listening to literally from a few hours stopped working the band is powerwolf and I tried from a web player and it did not work it is not grayed out some songs are even downloaded but it stopped working...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue yesterday A band that I was listening to literally from a few hours stopped working the band is powerwolf and I tried from a web player and it did not work it is not grayed...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Failure moving data to SD card

Plan: Family Device, Samsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue My phone ran out of juice and shut itself down. Every **bleep** time this occurs all spotify data have been moved to internal storage, making it packed. As usual I...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Family   Device , Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   My phone ran out of juice and shut itself down. Every **bleep** time this ...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • sdcard
    storage
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No reaction by all icons on Android PX6 select music only via remote

Since the last Update it is not possible to select anything by the ap, it shows only the start screen I've tryed all except new install, it dosen't work. BUT you can select musik and all over remot with the ios app. Please help myPlanPremiumCountryGe...

• Visitor
  • Since the last Update it is not possible to select anything by the ap, it shows only the start screen  I've tryed all except new install, it dosen't work. BUT you can select musik and all over ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Audiobook stops midbook

Plan PremiumCountry USA Device Samsung Note 9 & Windows 10 My Question or Issue: I am listening to an audiobook series over 10 books long on spotify. On book 9 half way through it just stops. It seems to be unable to see any file past 100. I've check...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Samsung Note 9 & Windows 10   My Question or Issue: I am listening to an audiobook series over 10 books long on spotify.  On book 9...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Downloads on SD card gets deleted after reeboot

After rebooting my phone, all downloaded songs (SD-card) are deleted. If I look in the setting I see that Spotify now uses the internal storage and starts downloading all songs. After that I have to switch to SD-card again and have to download more t...

• Music Fan
  • After rebooting my phone, all downloaded songs (SD-card) are deleted. If I look in the setting I see that Spotify now uses the internal storage and starts downloading all songs. After that I have to ...
  • Jmf92
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio station error

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue When go to a song radio or artist radio, I'm constantly getting "Radio station error" and songs don't load

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  US Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  When go to a song radio or artist radio, I'm constantly getting "Rad...
  • JupiterMaroon
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify chages music by himself

Hello there,I'm just a bit **bleep** off about this subject, i noticed that for a decent amount of time ago (maybe 2 or 3 months) spotify immediatly changes the song that i selected or the upcoming on the playlist for a random one, this happens maybe...

• Visitor
  • Hello there, I'm just a bit **bleep** off about this subject, i noticed that for a decent amount of time ago (maybe 2 or 3 months) spotify immediatly changes the song that i selected or the upcoming...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Google ChromeCast pauses when streaming Spotify

Hi, I have a 2,4 and 5 ghz wlan network (Router: Fritzbox) and a chromecast audio and chromecast latest version installed. Wenn streaming from a android smartphone (samsung S7) or macbook pro Spotify streaming pauses from time to time. I also have a ...

• Hi,   I have a 2,4 and 5 ghz wlan network (Router: Fritzbox) and a chromecast audio and chromecast latest version installed. Wenn streaming from a android smartphone (samsung S7) or macbook pr...
  • Crankey
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify is ruining my life.. big problem, HELP!

Hello all, I am sorry for being so rude and just asking questions directly without introducing my self, but if you hear out my problem, you might well get an idea of why I am so frustrated. PROBLEM: I installed 2 days ago the spotify app on my Samsun...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   I am sorry for being so rude and just asking questions directly without introducing my self, but if you hear out my problem, you might well get an idea of why I am so frustrated. ...
  • AbrahamMartínez
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle feature seems to favor certain songs

On my Android, I have noticed that when using the shuffle feature, the app seems to favor certain songs. Each of my playlists is an album (numbering about 40 albums), and all of these album playlists are filed in a folder. Sometimes I will select thi...

• Music Fan
  • On my Android, I have noticed that when using the shuffle feature, the app seems to favor certain songs.  Each of my playlists is an album (numbering about 40 albums), and all of these album pla...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot hide songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGoogle Pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen saving a new album from an artist it no longer has the songs already "liked" and I have to go through and "like" each song one by one. Inversely any songs that...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Google Pixel 3a Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When saving a new album from an artist it no longer has the songs already "liked" and I ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes