Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Instagram Story Button Not Available

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceCasper via m4Operating System(Android 8.0) My Question or IssueHello, I want to share my songs on my Instagram story, but there is no option available for that.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Casper via m4 Operating System (Android 8.0)   My Question or Issue Hello, I want to share my songs on my Instagram story, but there is no option ava...
  • Farwayy
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All songs list

I use an Samsung S9 and have a premium account, i cannot find a way to view all my songs. The only options I have are artist and albums. Is this a glitch?

• I use an Samsung S9 and have a premium account, i cannot find a way to view all my songs. The only options I have are artist and albums.  Is this a glitch?  
  • tcroots78
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Want to see again the album covers on my song list

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDevice(Android, windows and Macbook) My Question or Issue This is a issue and a complaint.The new update has spoiled the way that Spotify works for me. I usually saved songs and i find it easy on the albums section because i wa...

•   Plan Premium Country Spain Device (Android, windows and Macbook)   My Question or Issue   This is a issue and a complaint. The new update has spoiled the way that Spotify ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify doesnt save place in podcast library

Plan PremiumCountry Device(Samsung galaxy S9+) My Question or IssueIt used to be that when I opened one of the podcasts I listen to, my position in the library was saved and it would go straight to where I left off on the list of episodes. Now though...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (Samsung galaxy S9+)   My Question or Issue It used to be that when I opened one of the podcasts I listen to, my position in the library was saved ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume level interval with Bluetooth headphones is too wide

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevice(Sony Xperia XZ2)Operating System(Android 10) My Question or IssueI have a problem that when I use Spotify in my phone with my new Bluetooth headphones (Valco), the interval is lacking levels. Adding volume from too low...

•   Plan Premium Country Finland Device (Sony Xperia XZ2) Operating System (Android 10)   My Question or Issue I have a problem that when I use Spotify in my phone with my new Blue...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to open Spotify link via Web page in android.

Plan Premium CountryUkDevicePixel 3a Operating SystemChrome android My Question or IssueHi, recently I've not been able to open music links in Webpages using Spotify. I have a Premium Spotify account. I've also set up open supported links etc in defa...

• Plan Premium  Country Uk Device Pixel 3a  Operating System Chrome android    My Question or Issue Hi, recently I've not been able to open music links in Webpages using Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs skipping/pausing randomly

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceGoogle pixel 3AOperating SystemAndroid version 10? My Question or IssueWhen my phone is locked and in my pocket, it skips and pauses randomly. I've tried switching off gestures, clearing the cache, reinstalling, turning off ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Google pixel 3A Operating System Android version 10?   My Question or Issue When my phone is locked and in my pocket, it skips and pauses randomly. I've ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

side bar doesn't want to hide

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceSamsung A40Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueThe side bar doesn't want to disappear when listening to music in the app. Before, all I had to do was pull my finger up and the side bar disappeared.

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Poland Device Samsung A40 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue The side bar doesn't want to disappear when listening to music in the app. Befo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Eminem

PlanPremiumAustralia DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue;I can't pay any Eminem songs. When i click on them to play it does nothing. When i click shuffle play it on plays songs Eminem is featured on with other artists. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Australia   Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue; I can't pay any Eminem songs. When i click on them to play it does nothing. When ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App Will Not Open

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceNote 10+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueFor the last few days; I can not get Spotify to open on my phone. I have tried thru Waze, and thru Google Maps and it immediately crashes and brings up the three options t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Note 10+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue For the last few days; I can not get Spotify to open on my phone.  I have tried thru Waze,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unskippable 30 second video ads every minute while in app.

PlanFree/Premium Some standard plan which I can't find anymore.CountrySwedenDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Elephone S8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Android 7.1.1My Question or IssueWhen I'm in the a...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Some standard plan which I can't find anymore. Country Sweden Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Elephone S8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Or...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast Length Issue

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9My Question or IssueI've run into an issue on "The Adventure Zone" Graduation episodes with the playback length... The app says the episode is only a certain length but it's actually longer, sometimes even ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Samsung Galaxy 9 My Question or Issue I've run into an issue on "The Adventure Zone"  Graduation episodes with the playback length... The app says th...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bugs
    Podcast Episodes
    podcast length
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Plus icon in Android auto?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceOnePlus 7 pro connected Android auto Operating SystemAndroid 10My Question or IssueWhat does the plus icon do when I click it while using Spotify in Android auto? Is it like a favorite button? I'm confused though because so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device OnePlus 7 pro connected Android auto  Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue What does the plus icon do when I click it while using Spotify in ...
  • techie101
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant see my pc from Android's Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8+Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuewhen trying to control music from my phone on my PC i dont see it on the "Devices Available" page, both devices are connected to the same network, i can onl...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device Samsung Galaxy 8+ Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue when trying to control music from my phone on my PC i dont see it on the "Device...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot control playback on Android phone, when playing on Echo Dot

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMoto G5S, Amazon Echo DotOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueWhen in the Spotify app on my phone, and my Echo Dot is selected as the Device I am listening on, I am unable to control playback. I cannot skip track, play...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Moto G5S, Amazon Echo Dot Operating System Android My Question or Issue When in the Spotify app on my phone, and my Echo Dot is selected as the Device ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pauses when phone is locked

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy A30 When I lock my screen, or when the screen times out and locks, Spotify will stop playing every 10 minutes or so. Turning on the screen starts the music again and it plays for a bit before stopping again. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy A30     When I lock my screen, or when the screen times out and locks, Spotify will stop playing every 10 minutes or so. Turning on th...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot start spotify

Plan Family planCountry USADevice Asus Zenfone 6, 64 gig,Model ASUS_101WDXOperating System Android 10Spotify app 8.5.36.747This is a new phone I downloaded spotify and clicked on the app. The green icon blinks quickly and I am either presented with a...

• Regular
  • Plan Family plan Country USA Device Asus Zenfone 6, 64 gig, Model ASUS_101WDX Operating System Android 10 Spotify app 8.5.36.747 This is a new phone   I downloaded spotify and clicked ...
  • qpackard
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 10
    Asus Zenfone 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to change city on "Your Daily Drive"

Version 8.5.32.889 on Android 10, Pixel XL 4. Premium subscriber, USA, no VPN.Your Daily Drive, since launch until recently, has been playing national and global NPR and BBC clips and has been a really great feature. As of mid-November, it now presen...

• Version 8.5.32.889 on Android 10, Pixel XL 4. Premium subscriber, USA, no VPN. Your Daily Drive, since launch until recently, has been playing national and global NPR and BBC clips and has been a ...
  • AngeloSerra
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Android
    Daily Drive
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes

App crashes immediately after opening up

Is there anyway I can fix this? I tried restarting my phone, and deleting and reinstalling. It was working fine this morning PlanPremium Country DeviceSamsung s9 plusOperating SystemAndroid

• Visitor
  • Is there anyway I can fix this? I tried restarting my phone, and deleting and reinstalling.  It was working fine this morning  Plan Premium  Country   Device Samsung s9 plus...
  • jesseransom
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Constant Pauses

Plan: PremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssuePhone updated this morning, now Spotify pauses after 30 seconds or so of play. Never had this issue before. Tried all the BS "fixes" in the forums. Suggestion...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Phone updated this morning, now Spotify pauses after 30 seconds or so of play. ...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes