Free

Country

United States & United Kingdom

Device

Sony Xperia Z1

Operating System

Android 5.1.1

My Question or Issue

On desktop I have a whole folder structure for my library. In the past I am certain this structure was available on mobile as well but for some time now I can't see folders. My playlists is just one neverending list of playlists. 

Has this been changed? Or is it that the folders are only available on Premium? Can anybody confirm?

6 Replies

Hey @edga, help's here. 

Your folders should be displayed on your phone if you've created them on your PC, regardless of your subscription status. We first suggest that you go through this help article and double-check that you've added a folder properly.

Then, make sure that you've added a couple of playlists to that folder on your PC. If the folder doesn't show, reinstall the app. Keep in mind that you have to re-download any music you've saved for offline listening. 

If that doesn't help, are the playlists displayed separately, among your other playlists? Get back with a screenshot and we'll have a closer look.

All the best! 🙂

These steps have been suggested by the Customer Support, who, after few tries, confirmed that apparently that feature is being removed rom mobile applications and everybody will see just a long list of playlists instead of folders.

I've done what you suggested (as they did) and nothing helped

Hey @edga

We double-checked this and folders should be shown on phones. Can you check our previous reply and get back with the info so we can have a closer look? Also let us know your Spotify version after reinstall.

Thanks!

The folders are not shown, reinstall or anything else does not help and the Customer Service said that feature has been removed from Android and will be removed from iOS soon.

I thought I couldn't be more confused, turns out I can.. 

Version after reinstall: 8.4.90.722

I confirmed it by myself in the end - this is a PREMIUM  only feature : (

@Jemi like I mentioned all playlists are in one place. I don't know why you don't believe and need a screenshot but I attached it

The top three playlists should be in a folder called DOWNLOADED (they used to be with Premium) and I have hundreds of other playlists in folders, but on Android with FREE - everything is just one long list.

I purchased 1 month premium as a test and suddenly folders appeared.. 

Screenshot_2019-01-23-17-58-10.png

Suggested posts