Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

For those trying to get Spotify on Android to work with BMW Connected Drive...

For those trying to get Spotify on Android to work with BMW Connected Drive...

None of the below information 

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I know everyone struggles to get Spotify to work on BMW Connected Drive. I am just wondering if Spotify is giving any attention to the issue? The last version that worked (although unrelyably) was October 2018. Come on, surely this is not acceptable? 

3 Replies

Same here, ironically (or sadly) the last known working version was "updated" before I could take delivery of my new BMW. Just downgraded today to 8.4.78.530 (released on 7.Nov 2018) and it worked rightaway - voodoo?!

I'm wondering what could take that long to fix this issue, which is now almost 3 month around!

I am running an October version, switched off auto update on Spotify. It is really poor that we are forced to do this. 

Ok so I have the fix now and confirm latest spotify works with idrive 5 and 6 at least, possibly 4 but can't verify. 

Download an app called AAIDRIVE from play store. This links with connected or mybmw app and fixes full integration with Spotify. The full app experience we all want with album art and search. NOTE turn off battery optimisation for the AAIDRIVE app or there can be bugs.

If nothing else it proves the issue was BMW's end, not Spotify's but I think we knew that they had an exclusive deal with Apple.

Suggested posts