Announcements

Forward/back button from car multimedia doesn't work anymore.

Forward/back button from car multimedia doesn't work anymore.

Plan

Premium/Family

 

Country

Brasil

 

Device

Motorola G6

 

Operating System

Android version 9

 

My Question or Issue

I noticed that since the latest application update the forward/back buttons from my car multimedia stopped working. I already tried:

 

* Uninstall and reinstall the spotify application; still failed.

* Tested with other app (youtube music); Workin fine.

 

 

Reply
7 Replies

Hey @PerryWerneck

 

Thanks for reaching out about this.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Could you let us know how you're using the app in your car? We'd like to know if you have Bluetooth, cable, etc. 

On another note, we suggest that you check this article about Spotify in the car

 

Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
 
“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

 

Trying again (the first response was lost because of a site error).

 

Yes, I did a clean reinstall! I'm getting used with this reinstall because of the other (annoying) problem related with sd-card files.

 

I'm using it in the car with android auto application connected to the multimedia system using bluetooth.

 

Hey @PerryWerneck,

 

Thanks for getting back to us.

 

We recommend that you perform a clean reinstall also of the Android Auto app. It's possible that that some of the files have gotten damaged and causing connectivity issues. It would also help the troubleshooting process if you could try and connect with another device to your cars infotainments system. That way we can narrow down the root cause to either the device or account.

 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

As I said in my first message the youtube music is working fine in the same
device and environment. I can't see and valid reason to remove and
reinstall android auto since it's working fine with other app. The spotify
app is the only one whos failing.

I'm getting annoyed of this install/reinstall everything every month
because of spotify. Looks like it's time to find another service.

Hi again @PerryWerneck

 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We'll do our best to help you sort this out. 

 

Would you mind logging out and back into your account to see if the issue persists? 

 

Also, let us know if you noticed anything new while playing music using a different device.

 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had the same problem and downgrading spotify to  8.5.83.1075  fixed it for me. I didn't re-install AA or anything else. Please fix this.

Well, I had wrote a big text with some technical information and more data, but, this dawn site faile again to post it! (below).

 

I'll not write everything again, then, just for your information after an entire phone reinstall and reformatting the SD card makes the app works again. In my opinion this is *NOT* a solution! As a senior developer I've to comment: There's something really wrong with your dev team!

 

For now I'm moving to youtube music; their app seens to be more stable and fast. I'm a little bit sad about losing my playlists but this is less traumatic than do a clean reinstall every 30/40 days.

 

 

The error with the answer

Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Suggested posts