Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

On the free version I can Heart and Block ANY song and artist from ANY playlist. And on Premium I can't.

Do NOT tell me I can only do this in certain playlists, like Radios or mixes, (I've seen that answer before) because I could do it on any playlist before. I don't even get Daily Mixes anymore anyway.

I could also pick "Don't play this." on an artist's profile on Free. On Premium? No such option.

I am incredibly disappointed. Premium is supposed to be better, not WORSE.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jasamoila.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to explain 🙂

You are right to highlight that there is a difference in functionality between the Free and Premium versions of Spotify, whereby you can only heart/ban tracks and artists on Spotify Premium on mobile in playlists which are in the Made For You section - these include Daily Mixes, Release Radar and Discover Weekly.

This is how it is going to remain for the time being. However, if you would like to see the "heart/ban" feature along with the Favorites Playlist implemented in Premium on mobile, we suggest you create an idea for it in the Community - just follow this link. That way, other users can vote for it, and if it garners enough votes, Spotify might consider implementing it in future.

With regard to your Daily Mixes, would you mind heading on over to this thread, where other users are reporting experiencing the same issue?

Hope that helps, and thanks again for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this or anything else 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Jasamoila.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to explain 🙂

You are right to highlight that there is a difference in functionality between the Free and Premium versions of Spotify, whereby you can only heart/ban tracks and artists on Spotify Premium on mobile in playlists which are in the Made For You section - these include Daily Mixes, Release Radar and Discover Weekly.

This is how it is going to remain for the time being. However, if you would like to see the "heart/ban" feature along with the Favorites Playlist implemented in Premium on mobile, we suggest you create an idea for it in the Community - just follow this link. That way, other users can vote for it, and if it garners enough votes, Spotify might consider implementing it in future.

With regard to your Daily Mixes, would you mind heading on over to this thread, where other users are reporting experiencing the same issue?

Hope that helps, and thanks again for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this or anything else 🙂

Suggested posts