Frequency cut issues

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(Xiomi Redmi NOTE 9)

Operating System

(Android 10 running the interface MIUI 11)

My Question or Issue

My Spotify is cutting the low frequencies of the songs, cutting about 60hz, other apps such as Youtube, Tidal and Facebook do not present this cut in the frequencies, I also noticed that the sound is even lower than the other apps mentioned.

3 Replies

Hey @SenhorHorse24,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

It's also a good idea to check if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

If that doesn't fix things let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. It would be also useful to check if switching the music quality setting or setting the app in offline mode with the songs downloaded resolves this.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem. After premium upgrade the sound changed. The sound its not FULL anymore. Its like the 60hz get a -4db cut.OR the mids and highs get + some db. I tested with two different setups. One was harman kardon citation one , two of them in stereo pair, the second setup was bluesound node 2i plus m audio bx5 d3 plus subwoofer. The  sound was full before upgrade to premium,.

Hi @Valiilea,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Sorry you're having issue with the sound quality after an upgrade to Premium.

Have you tried adjusting the Equalizer settings in the app? Also, can you let us know if this is happening on one particular device and if you've tried playing music through a different Spotify account? This will help us pinpoint where the issue might be coming from.

Note that not all songs are uploaded with the same quality to the platform, so certain masters of songs might not sound brilliantly on all systems.

We'll be on the lookout to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts