Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full screen artwork not showing on Galaxy S6 on lock screen

Full screen artwork not showing on Galaxy S6 on lock screen

Just recently upgraded to a Galaxy S6, but the only problem with Spotify is that the full screen artwork on the lock screen has gone.

It now shows a small widget that only has a pause and next track option.  What happened to the full screen that was there before with my Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5s.

It almost seems a waste of the screen when we cant even have the full screen artwork that was once there.  Does anybody know any solutions to this?  Mine looks like this and it just looks terrible compared to the full screen artwork there was before.

Screenshot_2015-06-01-16-16-29.png
8 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried everything on the complete guide but it still hasnt worked.  It still has the small widget on the lock screen 😕

It may be the touchwiz lockscreen not allowing Spotify to hook into it to display the artwork. I'm sure this has cropped up before; the only way to get it is to use another lockscreen from the app store.

Samsung issue.

Android Troubleshooting:

I think it is.  I think it is to do with Lollipop.

I have emailed Spotify anyway and sent all details of OS etc so they are looking into the issue.

I seem to recall seeing people saying they couldn't get the artwork on Google Play Music either when using a Samsung so I definitely think it's to do with the Samsung skin/lockscreen.

As mentioned installing a third party one should enable you to see it.

Just a thought though... do you have a headset controller such as JAYS installed? This is known to block the artwork getting to the lock screen.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi Daniel

I don't have JAYS installed. I tried a 3rd psrt y lick screen app (CM Locker) but it just had the picture on a vinyl spinning so still not the full screen. I am pretty sure it is Samsung and am waiting in the reply from spotify. It was one of the main features when KitKat came out so I don't know why they have got rid of it.

Yeah this is happening with Google Play Music too.

This is definitely a Samsung software issue, especially as you can confirm it's happening on other apps also.

I think you should also try Samsung support as it's their software which is breaking the link... Unfortunately there's not a lot Spotify can do.

Android Troubleshooting:

Spotify is not working good on my samsung galaxy s6.

I think the software from spotify is outdated.. just leke their playlists.

In Belgium .. the charts show songs that allready been removed for months on our charts .

Google music works much better than this scandinavian bull**bleep** 

Suggested posts