Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange sounds when android plays music.

Description When I am streaming music on my android phone I get strange noises in the music. The sounds are almost like static but they are more electronic and closer to what dial-up used to sound like. This happens with and without headphones, and o...

• Casual Listener
  • Description When I am streaming music on my android phone I get strange noises in the music. The sounds are almost like static but they are more electronic and closer to what dial-up used to sound ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    KitKat
    playback
    strange noises
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Save music to SD card

Hey,I'm having the problem that I am not able to store the music to my external SD Card. I heard that Spotify chooses the option with the biggest free capacity but that doesn't work for me.I also deleted all the data but that didn't change anything.U...

• Hey, I'm having the problem that I am not able to store the music to my external SD Card. I heard that Spotify chooses the option with the biggest free capacity but that doesn't work for me. I ...
  • vittau
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help!! Sync phone to computer

My phone will not show up under my offline devices. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both computer and phone and that doesnt work. Im signed in though the same account (facebook) on each, and i've tried everything to fix it but nothing is ...

• Casual Listener
  • My phone will not show up under my offline devices.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both computer and phone and that doesnt work.  Im signed in though the same account (faceboo...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops after 1 song!

As soon as I put my playlists on shuffle Spotify stops playing after 1 song, any ideas why? Already re-installed the app.

• Regular
  • As soon as I put my playlists on shuffle Spotify stops playing after 1 song, any ideas why? Already re-installed the app.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Undownload doesn't clear data

Sorry for repeating myself but this issue is dragging from at least 2012 (found several postings with no answer) - after undownloading an album and removing it, the data remains on the external storage card! After a couple of weeks of donwloading and...

• Sorry for repeating myself but this issue is dragging from at least 2012 (found several postings with no answer) - after undownloading an album and removing it, the data remains on the external stora...
  • David108
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

HTC One - Lockscreen Controls Inconsistent/Disappear

I'm running Spotify on a stock HTC One (4.1.2) which has HTC's implementation of Android lockscreen music controls. Any player that supports ICS/JB lockscreen controls shows them on the HTC One's lockscreen. Spotify, however, shows them very inconsis...

• Roadie
  • I'm running Spotify on a stock HTC One (4.1.2) which has HTC's implementation of Android lockscreen music controls. Any player that supports ICS/JB lockscreen controls shows them on the HTC One's loc...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Local songs can't go next

So Spotify has been great for a while, but then I noticed that once it finished a song that I personally moved onto the playlist, it would just be stuck at the end of the song and won't know how to go to the next song

• So Spotify has been great for a while, but then I noticed that once it finished a song that I personally moved onto the playlist, it would just be stuck at the end of the song and won't know how to g...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify on Android in South Korea?

Hello all, Does anyone know an easy way to get spotify on a South Korean phone? I had Spotify on my old phone before moving to South Korea... and as a reuslt once i moved out here it still continued to work problem free. HOWEVER, i then got a new pho...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   Does anyone know an easy way to get spotify on a South Korean phone? I had Spotify on my old phone before moving to South Korea... and as a reuslt once i moved out here it still...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play on Premium?

I can't figure why I have only the choice for shuffle play on my Android app. I am a premium subscriber. I recently uninstalled the app, in fact I did a fresh install of the phone firmware so all data was cleared. I was hoping that would solve it but...

• Visitor
  • I can't figure why I have only the choice for shuffle play on my Android app. I am a premium subscriber. I recently uninstalled the app, in fact I did a fresh install of the phone firmware so all dat...
  • jusa
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Since 2.2.0636 Spotify plays just one track

immediately after update to 2.2.0636 Spotify plays always just one track over bluetooth. My device is a Note 10.1 2014 Edition running on Android 4.4.2. With all releases of Spotify til the latest this works fine. Provident I have done a clean reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • immediately after update to 2.2.0636 Spotify plays always just one track over bluetooth. My device is a Note 10.1 2014 Edition running on Android 4.4.2. With all releases of Spotify til the latest ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Constant Crashing

Until recently, spotify worked perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2. After an update, it began crashing constantly. Opening the app displays a blank screen with the menu button in the corner. Then an error messages appears, informi...

• Casual Listener
  • Until recently, spotify worked perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2. After an update, it began crashing constantly. Opening the app displays a blank screen with the menu button in ...
  • JJESPARZA
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

doesn't play queue

Spotify has stopped playing the next song in my playlist. It shows up in queue like it should be playing. It simply stops at the end of the song. I've tried a few setting changes that I thought would be the issue and it still stops at the end of each...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify has stopped playing the next song in my playlist. It shows up in queue like it should be playing. It simply stops at the end of the song. I've tried a few setting changes that I thought ...
  • el_gary
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Synced songs don't automatically play

So i've had the urge to sync some songs from my local files to a spotify playlist so i could play them on my phone, instead of using other music player apps i use spotify since i find it awesome and would keep using it. But since not long i've had th...

• Casual Listener
  • So i've had the urge to sync some songs from my local files to a spotify playlist so i could play them on my phone, instead of using other music player apps i use spotify since i find it awesome and ...
  • Bromad
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Won't Go 'Online'

Hi guys, I'd be really grateful for your help with a problem on my Spotify Premium that I've noticed over the last few days. Description & Steps taken to get issue When I go to settings and click the 'Offline Mode' button, it does not appear to regis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   I'd be really grateful for your help with a problem on my Spotify Premium that I've noticed over the last few days.    Description & Steps taken to get issue &...
  • RTwell1987
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 - Lock Screen

Hi, just wondering if the full screen album art for the lock screen is being added to the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4? As it is currently abit of nuisance having to unlock the tablet every time i want to skip or change a song. Cheers

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, just wondering if the full screen album art for the lock screen is being added to the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4? As it is currently abit of nuisance having to unlock the tablet every t...
  • guilfru
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops on HiMedia Q5-4K3D

It´s possible to install Spotify from the market on my android TV box HiMedia Q5-4K3D, but it closes after starting.When I install an apk version 0.7 from an older backup it is working.Is it possible to get some older versions from you to check which...

• It´s possible to install Spotify from the market on my android TV box HiMedia Q5-4K3D, but it closes after starting. When I install an apk version 0.7 from an older backup it is working. Is it po...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deleting local saved tracks

Hi, I added several tracks to my own playlist in Spotify, the tracks are from soundcloud which I downloaded. I added these to a playlist while being on my Macbook. I turned on "Offline available" on my mobile (Nexus 5) within the application. I was a...

• Hi,   I added several tracks to my own playlist in Spotify, the tracks are from soundcloud which I downloaded. I added these to a playlist while being on my Macbook. I turned on "Offline ava...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't check in playlists to sync to Android.

Hello, Every once in a while when i decide to update my playlists into my Samsung s4, i get this weird and VERY anoying trouble of not beeing able to check in my playlists to start the sync. I click once on the playlist box to check it in but the mar...

• Hello,   Every once in a while when i decide to update my playlists into my Samsung s4, i get this weird and VERY anoying trouble of not beeing able to check in my playlists to start the syn...
  • Johnnnn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic mute when having a phone call

Hi, i am interested if it is possible to automaticly mute Desktop spotify when i am having a phonecall on my android. Why ? - when i am at work i usually listen to spotify all the time (i have premium) and when i do get a phone call which is a lot i ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   i am interested if it is possible to automaticly mute Desktop spotify when i am having a phonecall on my android. Why ? - when i am at work i usually listen to spotify all the time (...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Tablet Android 4.4.2

Hi! I have a tablet mediacom smartPad s2 model: M-MP1050S2 with Android 4.4.2. Some days ago I downloaded "Spotify" bit I noticed that I can't select music I want from my playlist ad my girlfriend does in her nexus. We both haven't the premium versio...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!  I have a tablet mediacom smartPad s2 model: M-MP1050S2 with Android 4.4.2. Some days ago I downloaded "Spotify" bit I noticed that I can't select music I want from my playlist ad my gir...
  • _Sav_
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes