Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Galaxy Watch 4 Offline Music Not Working

Galaxy Watch 4 Offline Music Not Working

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Galaxy Watch 4

Operating System

Watch OS

My Question or Issue

When I download offline playlists, it keeps disappearing and I have to redownload them again.

EDIT:

6/13/22 Update just fixed it for me.

36 Replies

Same here, each time app (version 8.7.36.923) got freed from ram and relaunched all downloaded songs are disappeared and need to be downloaded again. It's impossible to re-download 700 songs each day!

I have the same issue, the app keeps redownloading all my songs.

I am getting the same thing on my galaxy watch 4, I am getting fed up with how buggy Spotify can be on this watch. 

It's the same issue for me since June 9th, 2022

I have restarted, reinstalled, and even reset my Galaxy Watch 4 but still my downloaded songs keep deleting.

Spotify version on Android: 8.7.36.923

Watch software: Wear OS 3.2

Watch model: SM-R870

Screenshot_20220612-202002_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-202111_Spotify.jpg

Same problem the last several days. Help!

Recent update fixed it for me. Just literally now.

Same issue for me 😞 Please fix this Spotify and/or Wear OS! Getting to the gym and suddenly realising my offline playlists are missing AGAIN.

How can I be sure i got the update?

The new update seems to be working for me.

Spotify version: 8.7.38.663

Screenshot_20220614-053411_Google Play Store.jpg

Looks like it.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and replies in this thread.

We're glad that the latest update seemed to fix this for you.

For the rest of the people in this thread that had this issue - does it still occur after you've updated to the latest version? If it does, can you please let us know your Spotify version?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, I'm having a different issue.  When I go to my individual playlists I don't see the download to phone button. I have the latest version 8.4.42.943 installed and I have reinstalled the watch app.

Hey there @cliff76

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

Just to make sure, you meant the download to watch option? 

On another note, could you send us a photo of how the app looks like on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

Lastly, we suggest that you check if the OS of your watch has any pending updates.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm having this issue on the latest update 8.7.54.403. I've factory reset the watch and reinstalled the app multiple times both connected to the phone and not connected to the phone, but whenever I click on "Download to Watch" for a split second it shows "Downloading 0 of X songs" but it immediately switches back to "Download to Watch" without downloading anything. This is on a small playlist with less than 100 songs and there's over 7 GB of memory remaining on the watch so I can rule out the issue being storage related. Another thing noted is that the option for Cellular Downloads over the phone's cellular connection under Settings is grayed out when it wasn't in the past (using the non LTE version of the watch). It's very inconvenient whenever this issue disappears and appears at random times. I'm hoping this can be finally resolved with a future update.

Hey @xODx

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app on your phone, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? Afterwards, make sure to reinstall the app on the watch once again. Then, restart your phone and check if the same happens. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This is happening to me now as well on the latest update. I completed the clean reinstall process and still will not download any tracks. Galaxy Watch 5.

Hey @Y2HBK,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

The issue of downloading tracks on Wear OS devices is related to a recent change in how Spotify manages downloads on user devices by introducing stricter offline device limiting. Remember that there's a limit of 5 devices. 

In case you have 5 or more devices Offline, you can remove the downloads in the least used device to avoid issues when downloading the music in your Watch. You can check all this info and the process to remove an offline device in this article.

If the issue persists, let us know the OS version of your Watch, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having this problem as well on my Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro running Wear OS 3.5.  I do have an active cellular connection on the watch via AT&T.

I don't have 5 devices with offline files, but I deleted all offline files anyways.  I also uninstalled Spotify from the watch, performed a clean reinstall on my phone, and still have the issue.  When I try to download songs, it says downloading 0 of #.  Under settings (on the watch) cellular downloads is grayed out and cannot be enabled.

Hey @Mortikiss,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to confirm, make sure you're following the steps in this article to listen offline. If so, would you mind checking if it makes any difference when connected to a Wi-Fi network instead of your AT&T cellular data? Also, check if the option you have grayed out on the Watch becomes available when using the Wi-Fi connection. This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts