Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gboad voice typing doesn't pause music anymore

Solved!

Gboad voice typing doesn't pause music anymore

I found out that Spotify on my Oneplus 3 doesn't pause anymore when I press the microphone button on Gboard to activate voice typing. When I hit the mic button, the music just keeps on playing.

I used that in the past so I know that this was working before. In the past when I hit the button, the music would pause and when voice typing ended, it automatically resumed playing.

I deinstalled all gboard updates and used the version that comes with my phone to make sure the cause is not an update of Gboard. Issue still persists, so Gboard is ruled out.

Since I don't use voice typing every day I cannot tell with which Spotify version the issue started.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Today I found this issue is gone. There was no recent Spotify update, but there was a Gboard update. So I guess this means that either Spotify was not the cause, or the new Gboard version works around this issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

second this issue. it's been happening to me for about a week; i use a pixel.

Ditto here. Also using a Pixel XL

Yes. Same here. Pixel XL also.
Marked as solution

Today I found this issue is gone. There was no recent Spotify update, but there was a Gboard update. So I guess this means that either Spotify was not the cause, or the new Gboard version works around this issue.

Fixed here too!

Suggested posts