Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung galaxy s10

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

How can I get my artists tab to be in alphabetical order for all the artists I have music saved from, like it was before the update. This makes it a million times harder to use the way it is now. Please help.

Screenshot_20190619-211310_Spotify.jpg
47 Replies

^Thanks thread police.

No. No no no no no. **bleep** that. I assume youre just doing your job, great. **bleep** you. Ive paid for**bleep** for years and for years ive been able to just locate the artist i wanted to find. NOW I HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE HUNDREDS OF ARTISTS I HAVE DOWNLOADED AND FOLLOW THEM ALL????? **bleep** THAT!  Its the same **bleep**ing thing as now having to download AND like all the songs on the album for them to appear in my music. This is by far the absolute worst update this service has made and that really saying something. Why, when i pay for a service, does it constantly have yo chane its interface and make it a pain in the **bleep** to use? Why? 

Hello big brains at Spotify.

Please note how annoyed your user base is and fix the interface.

Just admit it was a stupid idea and fix it. This isn't a "feature." This isn't a "new way." It is a mistake that still hasn't been fixed despite everyone complaining about it.

Yesterday I found out my artist list was empty because of a stupid idea. I have to follow all artist to get an alphabetical list. Who the **bleep** gets this kind of ideas? What kind of **bleep** agrees and forces this on all users? Yes I’m mad. I’m paying for spotify premium and expect some kind of services. Ok. After calming down I decided to follow the artists. I had to choose follow 209 times. Great fun. Then I saw 209 artist followed. I turn of all notifications. Today I got in my car and.... No artists in my libary. They where there yesterday. All my downloaded music is still there. But I can’t access it easely. What the **bleep** is wrong with you people at Spotify? Why did you ruine an aplication with this ... This is really really stupid? Yes. Mad again. 

I hate that Spotify does this kind of stuff... I am in the first month of the three month trial in Amazon Music and let me tell you, I am never coming back to Spotify. Amazon Music has all well organized and friendlier I think. Bye bye Spotify 

Strange you missed the part where spotify took all the artists that I liked and act like I never liked a song by them.  You just say "you're not following any"... I was before the update.  The fact spofify decided I need to spend a bunch of time trying to re-"following" things I already liked seems absolutely stupid.  

Hi,

The problem is that this thread is about both things but it started with sorting. Other threads discuss the new library. 

Regards,

René

Why would we waste our time following hundreds of artists in order to view them in alphabetical order when we were able to do that by default before this update. This seems like less of a user friendly update and more of a push to force users to use the follow feature. Is this a music app or social media?

Just another thread demonstrating that Spotify cares nothing about its users. Go back to the old way, which actually made sense!

I agree with everyone who hates these so-called features.  I thought I was missing something one day after the update pushed and it drove me crazy.  Now it is to the point where I don't even want to try to listen to my music on Spotify and have barely been using it.  I refuse to be forced to go, after the fact of saving a song, and follow artists.  Not to mention the hundreds of artists for songs I've already saved, 3rd party time saving utility or not.  If Spotify doesn't ago back to allowing alphabetical sort by Artist of all previously Saved songs, as well as Random Shuffle of all previously saved songs, then I'm cancelling for good and Spotify can get fu[k3d.

Hi have exactly the same problem here and find it so strange that Spotify would just take this functionality off the App. It is just so much harder and strange to find the songs that you want to listen to from a specific artist. Now we are supposed to Follow each artist we already had musics saved from in order to have the artist shown in our preferences.. it makes absolutely no sense. Please bring back the original version !!

Are you purposefully misreading everyone's comments?

We are complaining that there is no way to scroll alphabetically through the liked songs. Why are you talking about following artists?

Two simple questions.

1 - Why did Spotify remove the alhpabetical scroll feature?

2 - Why don't you put it back?

What if I don't want to follow a particular artist? What if I just like one song from that artist and don't care what else they come out with? Why should I be forced to follow a particular artist just so I can sort through all my songs alphabetically by artist just to find that one song in my library?

As others have stated, now you are expecting us to go through our massive song library and "Follow" each artist just so we are able to sort by artist alphabetically? That's insane....

Hi @JackDeth,

Ok, I understand, you don't want to follow an artist when you only like one song.

But it is possible to sort the liked song by artist. Maybe that helps.

Regards,

René

After all, I love music and it makes me feel great but now, when I open the app and start going insane after 5 minutes... No fun. Get us back the alphabetical order. Maybe it’s time to try Amazon or something else.

Hi @Xuacu,

Yes we all love listening to music and it should be easy accessible. 

Maybe I can help you. What is exactly your problem? I mean you can sort artists on the artis tab and you can sort artists via liked songs.

Regards,

René

Please go back to listing artists alphabetically. I was told you guys would be going back to the old format that you guys had for years but I see many are complaining about the same thing I have and you guys are not working to find a solution to simply revert back to the format it was before. This is stupid having to follow artists. This is not Facebook, this is Spotify, a music-based app. 

Switched back to Apple Music...

Oh I thought about switching to another platform if I didn't have to find over 2k songs liked/saved to my library. I don't have a lot of playlists I can easily transfer to Apple or Tidal by the available transfer apps. Plus I now get Spotify free thru my unlimited phone plan. 

This really isn't a "solution".  It will only work if users take the time to "follow" every artist that they listen to.  This isn't a viable option for those who listen to maybe 1 or 2 songs from hundreds of different artists.  But sure, over time it will cause more people to "follow" the bands they listen to, which will generate more money for those bands/spotify?

Would it be possible to display how many times I've listened to a song? It would be cool to make playlists of my most played songs, and not wait until the end of the year for the auto-generated one.  

Please give me one list with all the artists of songs I've saved. 

Please bring back quick-filter queues... I don't want to make a new playlist every single time I'm trying to search for a particular artist from a bigger playlist. 

And please bring back the "songs" tab.  This "Liked Songs" update is nonsense.

Suggested posts