Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share button for lyrics is missing for IG Stories

Share button for lyrics is missing for IG Stories

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

As I've said in the title, I don't have the share lyrics feature on my android phone. I can't share specific lyrics on my IG Story, which I would really like to do. My sister and I have the same exact phone (Galaxy S8+) and she has this feature. To make it even worse, she's only on Spotify Free whereas I'm on Spotify Premium. Why is that? Attached is a screenshot of what I'm seeing every time. As you can see, there is no Share button on the lyrics section.

156277602_130075022354829_137235812597061468_n.jpg
7 Replies

Hey there @jaaaaaaais!

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

This is a feature that is still in its testing stages. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

If you'd like to see the feature rolled out for everyone you can create an idea for that with the steps here.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's super irritating to see others being able to share stuff like this, but not being able to despite being a premium subscriber. Please roll it out universally or allow people to voluntarily sign up for a beta testing program to access such features universally. The degree of randomness on the public build is super annoying.

Hey @ritikkx

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We understand where you're coming from. However, keep in mind that the subscription type does not affect this, as the feature is being tested. We hope to have it available to all users soon. 

If you'd like to become a Beta tester, you'll find more info about it here and you can follow the steps in that article to become one. 

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I entirely agree wih you

Hi. Until now is the share button for lyrics still for testing? I hope it becomes permanent.

I have already updated the app. Still nothing. I have a family plan. Everyone except for me can share lyrics 

Hi there @SaraIsaza15,

Thanks for the post.

This could be an issue with your account. Can you ask a family member to log in with their account on your phone and check if Lyrics sharing is available?

If that's the case, you might want to consider creating a new account and moving your library over, following this guide

If you can't share Lyrics with the other account as well, then it's most likely a device setting that's preventing that. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts