Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung galaxy s10

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

How can I get my artists tab to be in alphabetical order for all the artists I have music saved from, like it was before the update. This makes it a million times harder to use the way it is now. Please help.

Screenshot_20190619-211310_Spotify.jpg
47 Replies

Who's the  dummy who wanted this? Get back to alphabetical list or I won't come back.

I had over 800 artists... You're telling me I have to manually go to each of those artists & "follow them" just to be given back the functionality I already had?

Do you guys not understand UX?

Whether it is possible to arrange the playlists in alphabetical order??

FYI this isn’t a solution. You’re just explaining how to follow artists. Most people don’t want to “follow” artists they want them to show up when they like a song. FFS. 

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to sort your music the way you'd like to do at the moment.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm sorry if the answer was posted already but here is what I did in my Galaxy Tab S6 Lite:

1. Go to the playlist that you want to sort.

2. At the search bar at the top, cick Filters and select Artist (or whichever option you want to sort by)

3. Your Playlist should now be sorted by the selection you chose.

NOTE: The sort selection doesn't stay if you leave the list and come back to it. You'll have to repeat the process again.

This is better than not having the sort option at all, and it's not a time-consuming process

Hope this helps

Your solution does not work on my phone. I accidentally ruined my previous Samsung phone this week and replaced it with a new Samsung Galaxy A33 5G. Now all my Spotify downloads are scrambled. I can't find anything! I followed your instructions and have tried others without success. Every time I try to pull down the screen, regardless of whether I selected Artists, Albums or Playlists the drop down menu of Samsung controls appears. I am following 12 or more artists. I hope somebody out there has a solution which works on my model phone.

Hi there @Geary3,

Thanks for the post.

I thought I'd jump in here to add some clarity on what's going on.

To view artists you follow:

1. Open the app.
  2. Click on Your Library.
  3. You'll see a few buttons on the top - Playlists, Podcasts & Shows etc. scroll this list to the left, until you see Artists and click it.
  4. Under Artists, you should see a sorting option with two arrows, if you click that, you should get to choose Alphabetical.

If you want to sort your playlists or albums, you'd need to choose the sorting option 'Creator'. This will sort your content by artist in alphabetical order.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts