Getting my artists in alphabetical order again

Solved!

Re: Getting my artists in alphabetical order again

Helom
Casual Listener

Spotify needs to return the app to allowing artist sorting alphabetically. No, I'm not going to "follow" artists so they can be added to a playlist where I can then choose to sort alphabetically. When I click on the Artist tab, they should automatically come up sorted alphabetically. At the very least, it should be an option in the settings menu. 

Spotify has implemented some idiotic app changes but this one really takes the cake. It's time I start looking into Tidal. 

Keep trying to make a rounder wheel - it's going to have Tidal/Apple/Amazon leaving you in the dust.

roby1121
Casual Listener

What an unusefull type of ordering.

I want to order my Artist list. I pay for your service (premium account) and I want to ordr my lists as  I want.

Correct immediatly this stupid order method

Spoti1.png

paulclark104

Having to go through and individually “Follow” everyone I may have saved is tedious and pointless. Seriously who thought this was a good idea?

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

Ok, 

I thougt about how this could be implemented. I subimmted a new idea:

[All Platforms][Your Library] New library improvements to bring back old library experience

If you agree, than like vote for the idea.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 6
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

@teamgerber I meant, if you agree, vote for the idea:

[All Platforms][Your Library] New library improvements to bring back old library experience

Thanks,

René

Rene01Rock Star 6

Helom
Casual Listener

^Well Rene, 

I don't see anything about returning artist- sorting to alphabetical order among your proposed suggestions, which is kind of the whole point of this thread. Include that feature and I'd definitely vote "yes."

To everyone else,

I recently switched to Tidal and have been much happier. It connects to my Chromecast Audio with much fewer dropouts, and for only a few more $ a month, I get far superior sound quality from their Hi-Fi tier. 

And if you're a veteran (as I am), you can get their Hi-Fi service for about the same price as Spotify Premium. I haven't figured out how to go about that yet because it would only give me the option of paying $19.99, despite verifyng my veteran status through their website, however, I'm sure a call to their customer support can fix it.

In all fairness, I now must find all the artists I had saved in Spotify and add them to my Tidal library, but that's really no more work than what I was being forced to do with the recent Spotify update. 

Goodbye Spotify, it was good, until it wasn't. Thank you capitalism! 

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

Hi,

You can sort artists by name, isn't it. Just swipe down and you got a filter and sort option. 

The thing is, it is based on artists you follow currently, in the past it was based on save songs.

In my idea I propose to support both.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 6

teamgerber
Casual Listener

I know know I said Amazon in my post, but I am in the process of swtiching to Tidal as well. The Hi-Fi is great and even though I am not a veteran I think it’s worth it. I tried it before Spotify and at the time ultimately picked Spotify because at the time (3 years ago) it was a great app. Now it seems like the devs want you to only listen to Playlists... 

Helom
Casual Listener

Rene,

My bad, I guess I didn't see where you mentioned that. Yes, they should make it so the subscriber has the choice. One would think that's the common-sense approach anyhow. 

Regarding playlists, that's another area where I prefer Tidal, including their "stations" based on a liked artist. They seem to be of wider variety than are Spotify's - which seem to be the same 3 or 4 artists for a given "station."

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

Ok,

If you like you can create a separate thread for a discussion about the radio algorithm. 

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 6
SUGGESTED POSTS