Country

UK

Device

Huawei P20 Pro

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi, 

For some reason whenever I ask google to play my spotify playlist it plays a random playlist of the same name. I have tried many different iterations of playlist names from New One, Main and My Tunes even My Playlist. I am a premium user and I have made sure the spotify app is the default music player in google assistant. This issue is very annoying considering this is part of the premium subscription that I am paying for. 

3 Replies

I'm having same problem.  We're you able to figure it out? 

I just figured it out, you need to link your Google Assitant with your premium Spotify account, so that Google can 'know' your personal playlist names.
The command is 'Ok Google - Play my <XXX> playlist'
Instructions : https://beebom.com/how-to-link-spotify-with-google-assistant/

I just figured out something for a similar problem: Using Google Assistant on a Note 9 to play a Spotify playlist with only local files. I changed the name of the playlist to my name (Jasmine) and created a routine in GA when I say "Play Jasmine" and an action to play music "Jasmine playlist". Make sure you have Spotify linked to GA and that it is set as your default music player. Same with "Shuffle Jasmine", but with a custom command "Shuffle Jasmine playlist on Spotify". Also for Note 9 users, if GA will not work when playing music (I've had the music on 0% and GA still didn't work, while bixby/alexa did) I used bxActions app to change long press of bixby button to activate GA, but in the end left it with bixby enabled as bixby can do what I need for now. Hope this helps!

Suggested posts