Country

Uruguay

Device

Redmi Note 8

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have my Google account linked to Spotify and Spotify set as my default music player.

I want to play a specific playlist from Spotify from my library through Google Assistant. I've tried using the command "Shuffle my <playlist name> playlist" plus the same but with "Play" instead of "Shuffle," but the assistant says that I need to be a premium user to play specific songs (?).

Then, I made a routine with the starter "play x" and the action "Shuffle my <playlist name> playlist" thinking that maybe the assistant mistook my command as a song request, but the assistant says the same regardless.

What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We're afraid it's not possible to play specific songs, artists, albums or playlists on-demand with Spotify free through Google Assistant. You can find more info about using Google Assistant with Spotify in this article.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We're afraid it's not possible to play specific songs, artists, albums or playlists on-demand with Spotify free through Google Assistant. You can find more info about using Google Assistant with Spotify in this article.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts