Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Not Working Since Genre Update

Spotify Not Working Since Genre Update

Hello, I am using Spotify Premium logged in through facebook on my LG G8XThinQ in Canada, ever since the newest update which added genre sorting on the top of liked playlists my Spotify hasn't been working properly.

Every time I open Spotify it immediately crashes when I try to go to my Liked Playlist and when I go to my Library to see if my Liked playlist is in there it is missing and my name on my playlists is switched to a bunch of numbers and letters, after a little bit of looking around I know that this is likely my "username" as given to me by Spotify. When I try to go to other playlists  the music just doesn't play, and when I attempt to go to Podcasts that I know have episodes it tells me that "There are no episodes available for this podcast. Please check later."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have followed Spotify's instructions on how to "properly" do this and it worked for a little while, I could go into my Liked Playlist and my name showed as it is supposed to with my first name and last name, but after a couple songs it just stopped working again. I've also tried logging out and in, and restarting my phone. 

This is extremely frustrating for me as I use Spotify every single day for hours on end to help me focus while working on other things. Can someone please help me to resolve this issue?

14 Replies

Hey there @Cincybird

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried these specific steps to reinstall the app? This process is more thorough than a normal one.

Also, we suggest that you make sure any battery saver and optimizer is turned off on your phone. 

Additionally, would you mind checking if the issue persists on a different device?

Lastly, we don't recommend sharing private info such as your username in the Community. In this case, we suggest that you edit your post and delete it. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello! Those are the instructions I followed, I dont have either of those settings turned on, and my account works on my pc, I don't have another mobile device that I could check on unfortunately.

Hi there @Cincybird,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for letting us know that. 

Could you let us know how much storage space does your device have available? For optimum performance, we recommend having at least 1GB of free memory on your device.

On another note, we suggest that you make sure that there aren't any cache clearing apps running for Spotify in your phone.

Additionally, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to check if the issue persists with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I don't have any cache clearing apps running for Spotify, and I asked someone to log in on my phone and it immediately did the same thing on his account. But! When I went to my settings to see how full my storage was on my device and my SD card (because I know my music saves to my SD card), initially it said that I have 62GB free on my device (which is right) but it said I was using 0B on my SD card, which is VERY wrong, so I think the issue may have to do with my SD card disconnecting? I've edjected my SD card and put it back in and things seem to be working for now. If the issue persists I will check my SD card again to see if this is in fact the cause, and if so (or if not) I will get back to you.

Well that hope was short lived, that does not appear to be what the issue was. As it immediately did it again and when I checked my SD card it was fine.

Hi @Cincybird

Thanks for your reply and for the info you shared with us.

In this case, we suggest that you remove your SD card > restart your device > reinstall the app again following these steps. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different SD card to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

This also didn't work. 

I've tried moving my storage from the SD card to the Device but it wont let me.

I have more than enough space so I know that isn't the issue.

Hi again @Cincybird

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Could you confirm the OS version and the Spotify version currently running on your device? 

Also, are you seeing an error when you try to switch the storage on your phone or nothing happens?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify version 8.6.12.986

And my device just says Android Version 10

And the pop up comes up asking if I want to move it over but when I click okay nothing happens, I don't get an error or anything.

Hey @Cincybird

Thanks for getting back with your info.

Next thing to try is following the steps listed in this Community post. Once you've tried them, let us know if it works as expected or you still experience the issue. 

Also, can you confirm if you managed to try with a different SD card to check if that makes a difference?

We'll look out for your reply. 

I don't have another SD card to try. I took out the SD card for now and so far that seems to have worked. If anything changes I'll let you know.

Hi @Cincybird

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Just to confirm, have you tried the steps listed in the post @Ivan sent previously?

No worries, take your time to try with a different SD card to check if that makes the difference. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

Hello, yes I did try those steps and it didn't make a difference, I even tried re-formating the SD card and that also didn't work.

Hi again @Cincybird,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

There seems to be an issue with the SD card itself as the app runs correctly without it. If possible and when you have the chance, try using a different SD card to see how it goes.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts