Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Your Library] Syncing between devices

I use spotify on both my work computer and my phone. Throughout the day, I add songs to my liked songs while at work and then will want to listen to them on my commute home/to school, but the playlist refuses to sync. I've closed the app, turned off ...

• Casual Listener
  • I use spotify on both my work computer and my phone. Throughout the day, I add songs to my liked songs while at work and then will want to listen to them on my commute home/to school, but the playlis...
  • nope123456
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Auto and Spotify keeps breaking download location

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid 5.1.1 & Android 9 My Question or IssueI always use Spotify with Android Auto so I can use Waze as GPS and Spotify as media player in my Android Auto enabled car. To start android...

• Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android 5.1.1 & Android 9   My Question or Issue I always use Spotify with Android Auto so I can use Waze as ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Galaxy s10 won't load

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDeviceSamsung Galaxy s10Operating SystemAndroid Hi guys, I'm having real trouble just getting my Spotify to load on my SamsungGalaxy s10! The app starts fine but is just constantly loading so I rarely get to listen to any mus...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country England Device Samsung Galaxy s10 Operating System Android   Hi guys, I'm having real trouble just getting my Spotify to load on my SamsungGalaxy s10! The app start...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Galaxy S10
    not loading
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't copy the link

PlanDuo PremiumCountryRussia Operating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or IssueHi everyone! I have a problem with sharing track. When i try to copy link fro menu with all tracks it works (pic1), i can tap «copy link» and see the message «link copied», bu...

• Regular
  • Plan Duo Premium Country Russia  Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue Hi everyone! I have a problem with sharing track. When i try to copy link fro menu with a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • copy link
    share link
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Regarding Interactivity and Responsiveness

When attempting to play a file on a slow internet connection, Spotify will begin to LOAD the content, but won't display any obvious sign that it's doing so. This happens especially often on poor internet connections, or with larger files. This create...

• Casual Listener
  • When attempting to play a file on a slow internet connection, Spotify will begin to LOAD the content, but won't display any obvious sign that it's doing so. This happens especially often on poor inte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Interactivity
    Responsiveness
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Having spotify installed stops other apps from loading

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceOppo A9Operating SystemColorOS / Android 10 My Question or IssueBeen working fine for months, but now stops any and all of my apps from opening/functioning. Also causes my phone to crash The time this started happenin...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Oppo A9 Operating System ColorOS / Android 10   My Question or Issue Been working fine for months, but now stops any and all of my apps from openi...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume Decrease on android 10

I think after update to 8.5.75.766 the volume DecreasedI have samsung A70 android 10 I check all of spotify setting And after that i test previous version in my friends a70 with same setting and see the volume is better than latest version Please hel...

• Regular
  • I think after update to 8.5.75.766 the volume Decreased I have samsung A70 android 10  I check all of spotify setting  And after that i test previous version in my friends a70 with ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song info freezes in car / music continues to play when disconnecting Bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Version 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I play Spotify through Bluetooth the song info freezes both on the phone, and the dashboard of my car. Music will continue to play normally,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Version 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I play Spotify through Bluetooth the song info freezes both on t...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Joe Rogan podcast not available

I can download the Joe Rogan podcast but whenever I try to play it says not avaliable in my country. I am in the USA. Also all other podcasts and songs work like normal so I'm confused? Thanks for the help

• Visitor
  • I can download the Joe Rogan podcast but whenever I try to play it says not avaliable in my country. I am in the USA. Also all other podcasts and songs work like normal so I'm confused?   Than...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play music on phone, says "unavailable for listening on"

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3Operating System My Question or IssueI cannot switch to playing music on my phone when it is playing on another device using my account. So when I leave the house and try to play music it won't let me. This is absolu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 3 Operating System     My Question or Issue I cannot switch to playing music on my phone when it is playing on another device using my accou...
  • peterDub
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Android
  • 8 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Alarm I didn't set

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 10 My Question or IssueI don't have the Google Clock app. I do have Spotify, but don't use it often....when I do, it's on my Amazon Echo device, not my phone. About two weeks ago, a music alarm start...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy Note 10     My Question or Issue I don't have the Google Clock app. I do have Spotify, but don't use it often....when I do, it's...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Headset Problem

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(Xiaomi Redme 8 Pro)Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueIf my phone (Xiaomi Redme8) is conenced via bluetooth to the headset (Plantronics Voyagr Focus) Music stopps immediatly after pushing play. No Idea, how ...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device (Xiaomi Redme 8 Pro) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue If my phone (Xiaomi Redme8) is conenced via bluetooth to the headset (Plantro...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution how do I block political advertising

I am a premium user and I saw an entire genre of political ads labelled "play your part", how do I block this so I can stop seeing it?

• Visitor
  • I am a premium user and I saw an entire genre of political ads labelled "play your part", how do I block this so I can stop seeing it?  
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution SD card Permission / Storage Permission

PlanPremiumCountryPHDeviceSamsung A50Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue Hi, I just notice that all the offline songs I downloaded thru my SD card work fine. The only problem is I didn't allow Spotify to have access to my storage thru per...

• Plan Premium Country PH Device Samsung A50 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   Hi, I just notice that all the offline songs I downloaded thru my SD card work fin...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly pausing on my Android but only through my car's bluetooth audio system.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Cheezwhizard
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback randomly pausing.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueOver the past week or so, when listening to spotify when connected to my bluetooth in the car, playback will randomly stop. It tends to start again once I unlock...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Over the past week or so, when listening to spotify when connected to my bluetooth in...
  • Cheezwhizard
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

my spotify playlist wont let me change the cover on android

PlanFreeCountryCalifornia DeviceSamsung A 20 and a Samsung ChromebookOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSo I've been trying to change the cover photo of one of my playlist i made and it doesn't even give me the option to do on both my Chrome...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country California    Device Samsung A 20 and a Samsung Chromebook Operating System Android   My Question or Issue So I've been trying to change the cover photo of...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android] Spotify breaks usage of system equalizer aka MusicFX

CountryIrrelevant DeviceAny. Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSpotify for Android breaks usage of System Equalizer (namely MusicFX). Steps to reproduce: We play a song on Spotify. Open a system equalizer from Spotify Settings. Apply some a...

• Casual Listener
  • Country Irrelevant   Device Any.   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Spotify for Android breaks usage of System Equalizer (namely MusicFX).    Steps...
  • AinzOoalGown
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify swithes to internal storage after restart (COST ME MONEY!)

After I restarted my phone, my Spotify app switches to internal storage instead of SD-card, downloading all of my 3000+ songs again. This was only an annoyance before, since it fills up my internal storage to the max. But today it also cost me money,...

• Music Fan
  • After I restarted my phone, my Spotify app switches to internal storage instead of SD-card, downloading all of my 3000+ songs again. This was only an annoyance before, since it fills up my internal s...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution App keeps crashing

PlanPremiumCountryIrelansDevice(Samsungs9,)Operating System(iOS 10,Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueApp keeps crashing, I've tried everything with no success.Delete, reinstall, clear cache, restart phone, reset phone settings etc.I ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Irelans Device (Samsungs9,) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue App keeps crashing,  I've tried everything w...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Samsung S9
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes