Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google ChromeCast pauses when streaming Spotify

Google ChromeCast pauses when streaming Spotify

Hi,

I have a 2,4 and 5 ghz wlan network (Router: Fritzbox) and a chromecast audio and chromecast latest version installed. Wenn streaming from a android smartphone (samsung S7) or macbook pro Spotify streaming pauses from time to time. I also have a netflix account and stream youtube from the same devices and never experienced similar problems. For this reason I do not think it is a network problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thanx

Johannes

3 Replies

I have the same problem, and it happens with two different CCA units.  The stream will pause for a few seconds, then usually start playing again but sometimes it just remains stopped.

Hey there @Joh1907181@Crankey

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to double-check, have you tried resetting the Fritzbox? This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked.

It's also a good idea to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your devices. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give the device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the reply.

As far as resetting the CCA (ChromeCast Audio) goes, the same problem manifests itself on two different units, one of which was just set up a couple of days ago and the other was operating (with these issues) last year.  So I doubt a reset would make a difference.  I suppose it could be my router, but there's an Amazon Fire TV 4k stick streaming on the same wi-fi and it has absolutely no problems with movies or the Spotify app.  That, and the fact that this seems to be an issue that many people encounter, would seem to indicate that it's a compatibility issue between Spotify and the CCA units.

I have a recent (within the last couple of months) Android installation of Spotify available and I'll try it on that and see if I have the same problems.  From what I recall this problem occurred even when using different Android devices, which would indicate that it probably isn't the device specific install unless Spotify has updated drivers and they didn't take for some reason.  I may try the clean install method, but using the recently installed version should essentially be the same as doing that.  I just have to wait until later in the day to try it as I don't want to disturb anyone that might still be sleeping.

Suggested posts