Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 4XL

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Since the most recent update, Google Clock will not connect to a Spotify playlist for an alarm. In fact, it failed to even trigger my alarm at the right time. I've since cleared the cache, data, and storage of Clock app and now Alarm is triggering at right time, but Spotify app still not connecting. Error being thrown is java.lang.NullPointerException.

I've done a clean reinstall of Spotify app and still not working. Even when I preview the playlist within Clock app, the app shows the Now Playing icon but there is no audio.

25 Replies

Device

Samsung S10 FE

OS version

Android 12

Exact Spotify version

I completely reinstalled Spotify and am still experiencing issues. However, there is no error popping up on the screen. I'm inclined to think it's not a device issue since I just got this phone and my old device (OnePlus 6T A6013) was also experiencing these issues. Sometimes it properly connected to Google Clock, other times it didn't.

Nothing about Spotify works well

Spotify liked songs still doesn't work.

Both, Spotify and and software updated on sept 20th 2022

Spotify- 8.7.68.568

Android 12

One UI 4.1

I'm having the same issue on a moto g stylus 5g, anyone know how to fix it on my specific phone?

Hi, its a problem again since last android update

If you are still experiencing the issue you need to disable the vibration on the Alerts go into your phone settings > clock settings.

You can still have the vibration when you set the alarm and everything works fine.

Like here↓

20240227_133511.jpg

Suggested posts