Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google alarm clock to pick random song from playlist

Solved!

Google alarm clock to pick random song from playlist

Hi, 

I set up the Google alarm to play a Playlist, but it always start playing the same song (the first item of the Playlist) 

According to a support chat rapresentative Google app always start from the first song, can't play a random song.

I would like the alarm clock to pick a random song each time, so I don't associate a particular song with the dreaded time of waking up, to keep it fresh. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Kompre,

Thanks for posting about this!

We've moved this thread from the Idea Exchange into the help boards since what you're describing is not the expected behaviour of the app, namely that your chosen playlist should play on shuffle by default.

If that's not the case, do you mind trying a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile device? Make sure to follow the steps listed in this Spotify Answer.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know if the same happens when you log into Spotify with your account, but on a different Android device?

Thanks - keep us posted!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Kompre,

Thanks for posting about this!

We've moved this thread from the Idea Exchange into the help boards since what you're describing is not the expected behaviour of the app, namely that your chosen playlist should play on shuffle by default.

If that's not the case, do you mind trying a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile device? Make sure to follow the steps listed in this Spotify Answer.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know if the same happens when you log into Spotify with your account, but on a different Android device?

Thanks - keep us posted!

I did as you suggested and it worked!

This morning I was greeted with never listened before music, I was buffled!

Thanks

Sidenote: I would have loved to post this in the more appropriate help board, but I had really an hard time finding the section where to write it (on mobile); I understand that Spotify wants to curb people from posting new help requests without them having a look at possible duplicates, but it is really disheartening going around menu after menu without guessing without any luck where the contact form would be... when I found a place where I could write my problem down, I took it.

As a premium user, I would like a easier way to communicate with Spotify

I'm encountering the same issue, but I have a samsung a51. I tried the clean reinstall, but that didn't work. Is there any way you can help?

Hey there @Pinducas01,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Would you mind letting us know if the same happens when you log into Spotify with your account on a different Android device?

Additionally, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Both my current phone (samsung a51) and my old phone (samsung a20) are running Android 10 and spotify version 8.6.2.774. When I log into spotify on either phone, it works fine (Both a51 and a20). The only area where my new phone isn't working properly is using spotify as my alarm. When I set an alarm on my old phone with spotify as the alarm, it picks a random song. But on my current phone, it only plays the most recently added song. (I'm using my liked songs as the selected playlist on both phones)

Hi @Pinducas01

Thanks for getting back in touch and for letting us know that. 

Could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone and check if the issue persists with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi! I am getting exactly the same issue. I partially (finally) solved it: I was using my "liked songs" playlist and it always started in the latest song added. I solved it entering Spotify while alarm clock was activating it and then hitting the "shuffle play button" on the music. After that, each time I set the alarm it correctly plays a random music from the playlist. But this doesn't work with podasts. I would like to use FT news briefing and listen to the latest episode. But Spotify always plays the very first episode. And when I enter Spotify, there is no way to change anything in the list of play. Any ideas how to overcome this? It is very frustrating! Thanks

Screenshot_20210305-075607_Spotify.jpg

Hey there @Luís1,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

This is expected behavior. However- you can always create an idea to have Spotify play the latest episode on a show selected in Google Clock instead of the first one. 

It would also be good to leave the same feedback to Google.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts