Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google alarm won't play song anymore

Solved!

Google alarm won't play song anymore

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google pixel 3a

Operating System

Google

My Question or Issue

All of a sudden, my alarm clock won't play the song I had chosen to wake up to. I first got a beeping sound. When trying to problem solve (delete apps, clean storage, turn phone off and of), I can't get any sound to play if I have chosen a Spotify song. It worked for the last month, and just stopped today. I can sometimes get the alarm to play a song if I have Spotify open. But I didn't used to have to have Spotify open. Any help would be great. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community regarding this!

Our tech teams are aware and looking into this.

We'd recommend heading over to this Ongoing Issue thread and adding your +VOTE and requested details there.

We'd also suggest keeping an eye on that thread for any updates we have to pass on.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Same exact problem with me. Song even says it's playing when I set my alarm, but no audio. Seems like it's pretty recent problem you're the first message on these forums I've seen with the same problems as me. Happened to me just yesterday as well. 

I'm having the same issue. Spotify still plays normally but won't work through the alarm app. I'm thinking it's a Pixel problem rather than a Spotify problem. I could be wrong though as I am in no way technologically inclined. 

Spotify did have an update two days ago might be something on their end crossing the wrong wires somewhere. 

My wife and I are both Android users on the Google pixel 2. Our alarm clock wakes us up to beeping and no longer does so to Spotify.

In addition, the sleep timer built-in to Spotify does not turn off the music after the set time (one hour). Thank you.

Same problem here. I posted about it this morning. Seems to me that when Spoitfy is no longer running in the background it will not wake up and play through the alarm clock. The alarm clock works fine with YouTube music so I have to assume it is a prblem with Spotify after the recent update. On Pixel 3XL USA

Same for me. Very frustrated

Same issue. Seemed to happen right around this past update. Tried restarting the phone first, then reinstalling the app, niether worked. It was amazing not waking up to an alarm. Please, Spotify, fix this asap. 

Same issue for me.

I upgraded my samsung S6+ for a S10+ yesterday and thought it was why it stopped working but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

I got a Spotify update this morning and I thought it would be fixed. Unfortunately it wasn't. Still not working with Google alarm clock.

I think I know what the problem is but not how to fix it. The Google alarm has updated which looks to force you to use the Google assistant to set a list of task to complete with Yr alarm. However, problem is there is no task to play Spotify, so it just ends up beeping instead. 

At least from what I can see. 

Same problem here 😞

Same here. Moto G6. Android v.9

Spotify won't play in the alarm at all. Even when I check the track chosen for the alarm, it LOOKS like it's playing, but I get silence. Guessing Spotify 'updated' (ie. broke) something? 

Same here.
Nokia 7 Plus
Android 9
Netherlands

I tryed with the beta version of Spotify and it is OK, everything is back and running.

Same here. Samsung Galaxy S7. Android 8.0

The alarm worked very good for quiet some time, but suddenly it doesn´t work.

Spotify won't play in the alarm at all. Even when I check the track chosen for the alarm, it LOOKS like it's playing, but it doesn´t.

Marked as solution

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community regarding this!

Our tech teams are aware and looking into this.

We'd recommend heading over to this Ongoing Issue thread and adding your +VOTE and requested details there.

We'd also suggest keeping an eye on that thread for any updates we have to pass on.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Same here

Little to quick, re install did the trick!

Hey there @Nanne-Stephan,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Glad to hear that a clean reinstall of the app did the trick.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with - spotify:track:5m1Hx12HG5ug4kukgd9SLY

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts