UK

Device

Google Nest Hub

Operating System

Software Version - 35.34.10.374969784

OS Version - 1.20210119.2.1390060

Cast firmware - 1.52.260996

My Question or Issue

When using spotify on the hub, the song timer gets stuck as the time for the first song played each time it is launched. This is whether it is launched from the Hub itself (menu screen or voice) or by selecting it from the "select a device" screen on the app. 

This is very annoying, especially if playing an album with a short intro. The time for all tracks will then be a few seconds, meaning the slider is at the end for almost the whole song and making it impossible to skip to certain parts of a song. 

11 Replies

Hi @td_7,

Thank you for posting on the Community and welcome.

To start, we'd like to know if this issue repeats if you stream the music from your phone to one of your speakers. 

Also, is this happening if you select the music directly from the Hub or also when you use a voice command?

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It happens no matter how the songs are launched - by voice command, using the screen or launching from my phone. 

Hey @td_7,

Thanks for the reply.

We'd recommend you restart your router and check whether the speaker has any pending updates and run those.

Let us know if the issue continues after that.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I tried this and it made no difference. I also checked and the nest hub is on the latest version.

I have also noticed yesterday, strangely, that when Spotify is played on the hub as part of a speaker group then the timer works totally fine! Then, I went back to just the hub playing on it's own to check and the issue was still there. 

Hey there @td_7, we appreciate you getting back to us.

It sounds like your Hub is having difficulties syncing up with the API.  At this point we can suggest a factory reset if want to try it out, but we're afraid we can't guarantee that will solve it.

It sound like you're experiencing some intermittent sync issues, but we haven't been getting any other recent reports of this and it might be isolated to your set up.

Hope this info helps. Keep us posted.

ElenaModerator

I have just tried a factory reset and unfortunately it hasn't fixed the issue. 

I'm having the same exact issue on my Nest Hub. I'm subscribed to Spotify Premium as well, although I'm located in the US. It's really strange. Just started a few days ago.

Hi @td_7,

Thank you for your reply!

We're aware of the intermittent connection and playback issues with some casted devices. The developer team working on this is continuously trying to optimize net code and API integrations to make these disruptions occur as little as possible. 

We've passed your feedback and info on to the team working on this. For now, it would be best if you keep your devices up to date, so you don't miss any updates.

Lastly, we also recommend you folks reach out to Google, so they can look at what's happening from their end too.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator

I have exactly the same issue (excuse my english, I'm French...)

Nest Hub always shows the same length for every song, and this is the length of the first track played. 

Hi there @GuillaumeBrts,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

As mentioned above, this feedback has been passed to the right team.

We suggest that you follow the steps that's mentioned above and always keep your app up to date.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I face the same issue. Spotify just doesn't work on Google nest hub (all on latest versions).

1 song starts, there is a lot of lag & then the next song just doesn't start

Suggested posts