Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC One - Downloaded songs randomly skip - Premium User

HTC One - Downloaded songs randomly skip - Premium User

Hi,

A very frustrating issue which is annoying and cant seem to find any solution for anywhere.

I have a HTC One, with the latest version of Spotfy from the Play Store.

Download songs will randomly skip only when played through headphones . Have reinstalled and cleared the data multiple times, but still the problem persists.

Basically mking this premium service pointless as can't listen to what I want when I want . Have gone through all troubleshooting scenarios with the same result .

Using Beats Audio Mic headphones which came with my phone .

Please Advise
3 Replies

It's possibly connected to the headphones, especially if they have playback controls. Could also be a dirty headphone plug/socket. You can eliminate the headphones by trying a different pair. If it still happens, then you probably need to find a way to clean out the phone socket.

I will try cleaning the socket and headphone jack, but this us a new phone. If it's the headphone that came with it , is there a conflict with microphone headphones then? Have seen other people mention this - bit if a flaw really on both HTC/Beats Audio and Spotify.

No playback controls, just red button to accept calls

The only conflict I know of is that spotify's audio effects hates Beats Audio and won't work. That wouldn't cause the issue you're having which is why I suspect it may be a hardware related problem..

Suggested posts