Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Time to do something about awful album/playlist sorting

I live in the 21st century, middle of the second decade. I tend to use a smartphone or a tablet for my everyday entertainment needs. I use Spotify almost exclusively on tablet/smartphone. No need to say the Spotify mobile app is just crap. The develo...

• Casual Listener
  • I live in the 21st century, middle of the second decade. I tend to use a smartphone or a tablet for my everyday entertainment needs. I use Spotify almost exclusively on tablet/smartphone. No need t...
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant get the pad to use the SD card for offline storage, **bleep** it, canceled sub!

Yeah, i know about the workaround, and i got it to work for a time, but then i frelled up on me and i just cant get myself to do it again. Syncing takes hours! So i canceled sub completly, gonna try Deezer for some time, maybe also try Rdio to see wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Yeah, i know about the workaround, and i got it to work for a time, but then i frelled up on me and i just cant get myself to do it again. Syncing takes hours!   So i canceled sub completly,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Phone not showing up under devices.

Since wednesday my Android Phone (HTC Sensation) isn't showing up under devices. - preview releaseof new Android app installed: yes - same WIFI-network: yes - log on/of app while desktop client running: yes -reboot phone/desktop client: yes - reinsta...

• Regular
  • Since wednesday my Android Phone (HTC Sensation) isn't showing up under devices.   - preview releaseof new Android app installed: yes - same WIFI-network: yes - log on/of app while deskt...
  • vincenz2004
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I get my playlists from my android to my computer?

I guess I did it backwards. But I started play lists on my android phone and do not see them on my computer. I would think they would show up everywhere as long as I am logged into my account.

• I guess I did it backwards.  But I started play lists on my android phone and do not see them on my computer.  I would think they would show up everywhere as long as I am logged into my acc...
  • punkchic4Christ
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to change where to store downloaded playlists?

Hi, Have had spotyfy prem on my phones like forever... Now my sd is full and a have huge amounts of free **bleep** space on my internal memory.. Didn't find anything on the options, Have tried to delete all spotify data to see if something popped up ...

• Hi, Have had spotyfy prem on my phones like forever...  Now my sd is full and a have huge amounts of free **bleep** space on my internal memory..  Didn't find anything on the options, H...
  • syknyk
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Android v.0.7.0.224

Hasn't anyone received the latest update? I noticed it now runs faster on my Asus Infinity tablet. Apart from that, the settings menu is reshuffled and browse tab is finally working, at least you can see the latest releases, some of them though.

• Music Fan
  • Hasn't anyone received the latest update? I noticed it now runs faster on my Asus Infinity tablet. Apart from that, the settings menu is reshuffled and browse tab is finally working, at least you can...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium not activating on mobile

I got a Spotify Premium gift card recently and activated it on my computer. I then downloaded the Spotify app on my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy Expres) and logged in with the same account. Now that the free 48 hour trial period passed, I'm told that...

• Regular
  • I got a Spotify Premium gift card recently and activated it on my computer. I then downloaded the Spotify app on my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy Expres) and logged in with the same account. Now that ...
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! KINDLE FIRE -- Music Stops Playing when OFF

If I turn the Fire off while playing music on Spotify, after a minute or two the music just STOPS. I have to turn the Fire back on. Then the music picks up exactly where it left off and plays until a minute or so after Kindle Fire either goes off aut...

• Casual Listener
  • If I turn the Fire off while playing music on Spotify, after a minute or two the music just STOPS. I have to turn the Fire back on. Then the music picks up exactly where it left off and plays until a...
  • viqiandjohnny
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Tutorial Spotify for Development app for Android, java

hi,I want to write an App for Android and this app is to create a new playlist, etc. Where can I develop a good tutorial for Spotify for Android Apps? Spotify in the documentation I'm not hose. help please... Best reagerds Pedro

• Regular
  • hi, I want to write an App for Android and this app is to create a new playlist, etc. Where can I develop a good tutorial for Spotify for Android Apps?   Spotify in the documentation...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium on Android

Hello, I just signed up for Premium, set up my mobile password, cleared the cache/uninstalled spotify on my mobile device, and then re-installed it. I put in the account number Spotify gave me along with the moble password i created. When I try to pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I just signed up for Premium, set up my mobile password, cleared the cache/uninstalled spotify on my mobile device, and then re-installed it.  I put in the account number Spoti...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Renewal on holiday in not supported country after payment failure

I am on holidays in Central America (Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama) for 6 weeks. MasterCard used for payment got blocked for payment. Payments for Spotify Premium were blocked. Contacted bank, credit card is reactived and all payments should be no...

• I am on holidays in Central America (Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama) for 6 weeks. MasterCard used for payment got blocked for payment. Payments for Spotify Premium were blocked. Contacted bank, cre...
  • bebehey
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says I have synced offline playlists to more than three devices, due to SD card?

So I synced 3600+ songs to my cell phone which took forever. It worked a few days then I got the message that I had synced to more than three devices although there's only ONE mobile device ever used for offline playlists. Now I cannot access the off...

• Casual Listener
  • So I synced 3600+ songs to my cell phone which took forever. It worked a few days then I got the message that I had synced to more than three devices although there's only ONE mobile device ever used...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

move offline storage

Hi, So I want to change the storage location of the offline music on my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. I have the 0.6.6.270 version of Spotify. I've read some topics about changing the location, but I can't seem to work it out. I also can't find the menu butt...

• Hi,   So I want to change the storage location of the offline music on my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. I have the 0.6.6.270 version of Spotify. I've read some topics about changing the location, bu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio frequently repeats songs AND can't close app on Android

When listening to the radio feature, I use the thumbs up to customize the station. For the last 2 weeks, any time I like a song, it ends up going on repeat. In addition, Spotify doesn't seem to be remembering the songs I've already liked (ie, a song ...

• When listening to the radio feature, I use the thumbs up to customize the station. For the last 2 weeks, any time I like a song, it ends up going on repeat. In addition, Spotify doesn't seem to be re...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify Virus through Profile?

I have a huge problem that is really making me desperate: On all different computers I use (at home, at work in the office and in the conference room) and on my mobile phone spotify is not working anymore. On the computers I can't even open it. I tri...

• I have a huge problem that is really making me desperate:   On all different computers I use (at home, at work in the office and in the conference room) and on my mobile phone spotify is not...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add songs from radio to a playlist

I can't add a song from the radio to one of my playlists since the latest android app update. It is grayed out. I have the galaxy S2 and use this app quite frequently. .

Screenshot_2013-01-20-01-04-39.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I can't add a song from the radio to one of my playlists since the latest android app update. It is grayed out. I have the galaxy S2 and use this app quite frequently.      &nbsp...
  • moarmusic
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Editing Playlists in Android Tablets?

Question: I've used the iPad app and it'sgreat for DJing. If I want to buy an Android tablet, does the spotify app have the features that the iPad app does? If not now, when? I'd love an official reply. Thanks, James

• Casual Listener
  • Question: I've used the iPad app and it'sgreat for DJing. If I want to buy an Android tablet, does the spotify app have the features that the iPad app does? If not now, when? I'd love an official rep...
  • blotner
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download playlist to internal storage?

Hi everyoneI was wondering if is it possible to download the playlists in the internal storage of the phone, not in the external SD card.

• Hi everyone I was wondering if is it possible to download the playlists in the internal storage of the phone, not in the external SD card.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

all tracks are greyed out

Looks ok in playlist but when chosing album Songs are greyed out.

• Looks ok in playlist but when chosing album Songs are greyed out.
  • pcoventry76
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

must wifi or mobile data be on to listen to spotify?

Do you have to have wifi or mobile data running when listening to spotify? I've noticed in the car I have to have mobile data on otherwise the sound is quiet and echoes. I have downloaded songs to phone but makes no difference. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Do you have to have wifi or mobile data running when listening to spotify? I've noticed in the car I have to have mobile data on otherwise the sound is quiet and echoes. I have downloaded songs ...
  • pcoventry76
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes