Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Avoiding syncing over 4G

Hi, Can I turn off downloading on 4g? In settings there's an option for 2g/3g but not 4g. Best M

• Hi, Can I turn off downloading on 4g? In settings there's an option for 2g/3g but not 4g. Best M
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

two lockscreen issues

Please remove full screen bacground art on lockscreen, it makes difficult to see number when entering pin code to unlock the device back, fwd buttons are still dissapearing randomly

• Casual Listener
  • Please remove full screen bacground art on lockscreen, it makes difficult to see number when entering pin code to unlock the device back, fwd buttons are still dissapearing randomly
  • SIRR
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

how to listen to spotify radio on music system?

someone please help. i have the spotify app on my cell/mobile 'phone. i connect my music system with the 'phone using a USB cable ... and nothing happens! not sure what i'm doing wrong but would be grateful for any suggestions. thnx in advance .....

• Casual Listener
  • someone please help.  i have the spotify app on my cell/mobile 'phone.  i connect my music system with the 'phone using a USB cable ... and nothing happens! not sure what i'm doing wrong bu...
  • goodtide
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music gets sudddenly louder

If I play songs on my Galaxy S3 songs in the beginning are normal but after 1 on minute get louder and clearer. I have not set crossfade .. does anybody know this problem?

• Roadie
  • If I play songs on my Galaxy S3 songs in the beginning are normal but after 1 on minute get louder and clearer. I have not set crossfade .. does anybody know this problem?
  • tiger2357
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why on earth Spotify limit cache size on Android?

Hey there! Why on earth you limit this cache to 3GB? As you may know, my playlist is huge and I listen only my playlist most of time and randomly albums, radio etc. However I keep playing music, but my cache in Micro SD Card at Spotify folder is 3GB ...

playlist.png
  • Visitor
  • Hey there!   Why on earth you limit this cache to 3GB? As you may know, my playlist is huge and I listen only my playlist most of time and randomly albums, radio etc. However I keep playing ...
  • pallando_ii
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

how do you suppress notification sounds (selectively)?

I love spotify but one thing bothers me to no end - when I'm listening to music from my mobile device, email, text, FB notifications made a sound and that interrupts the music. I've noticed that spotify ducks the music often, but this still is unacce...

• Casual Listener
  • I love spotify but one thing bothers me to no end - when I'm listening to music from my mobile device, email, text, FB notifications made a sound and that interrupts the music. I've noticed that spot...
  • jackie_treehorn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloaded playlists inactive on Kindle Fire

Today all of my downloaded playlists became unavailable on my Kindle. Yesterday they were fine. The playlists are all starred active but when I access one the tracks are all inactive. I have tried rebooting the device but with no result. I am not con...

• Casual Listener
  • Today all of my downloaded playlists became unavailable on my Kindle. Yesterday they were fine. The playlists are all starred active but when I access one the tracks are all inactive. I have trie...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

4.4 Lockscreen Button disappears

If I seek once a track in the lockscreen, the buttons for the last and next song disappears. When I hit Pause/Play, the buttons come back.I have done a screenshot, how can I upload it to the forum?

• Visitor
  • If I seek once a track in the lockscreen, the buttons for the last and next song disappears. When I hit Pause/Play, the buttons come back. I have done a screenshot, how can I upload it to the forum?
  • PiCASSiMO
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local file syncing over wifi broken on Android 4.4

Hi, I cannot get my PC desktop client to sync local files with my Android device. Quick details: PC running Windows 8.1 with Spotify client 0.9.6.72.ge389c074 LG Nexus 5 running stock 4.4 KitKat with Spotify app released on 29th Nov (the 4.4 image ar...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I cannot get my PC desktop client to sync local files with my Android device. Quick details:   PC running Windows 8.1 with Spotify client 0.9.6.72.ge389c074 LG Nexus 5 running stock ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 4.4
    Windows 8
    Windows 8.1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

remotless

Do i have to buy Remotless App twice to remote android with my ipad? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.remoteless.android https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/remote/id284417350 Just wonder..

• Gig Goer
  • Do i have to buy Remotless App twice to remote android with my ipad? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.remoteless.android https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/remote/id284417350 &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

STREAM FROM GALAXY S4 TO WIRELESS SPEAKERS

Hi all, I have a set of wireless B&O speakers that use Airplay. Is there anyway I can stream music from Spotify to these speakers?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I have a set of wireless B&O speakers that use Airplay. Is there anyway I can stream music from Spotify to these speakers?
  • Hub1976
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are PLAYING but NO SOUND

Hej. I got an automatic update to latest version (ver 0.7.3.629.g36119d704) on Android 4.0.4 on a SAMSUNG-SGH-I747. Now, I cannot listen through headphones ! Spotify does play on the phone speaker. The phone also detects the headphones when plugged. ...

• Hej. I got an automatic update to latest version (ver 0.7.3.629.g36119d704) on Android 4.0.4 on a SAMSUNG-SGH-I747.   Now, I cannot listen through headphones !   Spotify does pla...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Hey guys,I have a problem. My spotify doesnt load any images anymore. No single covers, not in 'Discover', nowhere...What to do? Im using the nexus 5 with android 4.4, wifi and 3g connections are ok.Thanks EDIT: I just changed the Subject to make it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I have a problem. My spotify doesnt load any images anymore. No single covers, not in 'Discover', nowhere... What to do? Im using the nexus 5 with android 4.4, wifi and 3g connections a...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 197 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 197 replies
  • 42 likes

Solved!! Problems with Radio on my spotify account.

Today when I went to make lunch I tried to start a Radios station on my Galaxy 2 Note, just like I do every day. Today when I tried to start it it gave the message "Sorry. This radio station cannot be started. Please try a new station." So I did non ...

• Regular
  • Today when I went to make lunch I tried to start a Radios station on my Galaxy 2 Note, just like I do every day. Today when I tried to start it it gave the message "Sorry. This radio station cannot b...
  • Cian
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files + Equalizer (Galaxy S4)

I have a problem with the equalizer. Whenever I try to play a song that has been imported from my PC's music folder, the equalizer won't affect the sound. It works only on songs that has been downloaded straight from Spotify. I've tried couple other ...

• Visitor
  • I have a problem with the equalizer. Whenever I try to play a song that has been imported from my P...
  • Knoxvill3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

music not playing

I recently bought a tablet from someone literally yesterday(Google Nexus 7), I install spotify, I sign up with my newly created Facebook profile and everytime I click to play a song it doesn't, and it says 'get spotify premium' or something, but I've...

• I recently bought a tablet from someone literally yesterday(Google Nexus 7), I install spotify, I sign up with my newly created Facebook profile and everytime I click to play a song it doesn't, and i...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Play/Pause UI difficulties with Bluetooth on Android

The play/pause button was working fine for me up until the most recent update of the app, but now it will play but not pause music. It also will not pause music quickly enough when the GPS tries to break through, and thus will cut off part of the dir...

• Casual Listener
  • The play/pause button was working fine for me up until the most recent update of the app, but now it will play but not pause music.  It also will not pause music quickly enough when the GPS trie...
  • gfirth77
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Not scrobbling to Facebook from Android!!!

All settings good, no scrobbling. Plese fix, tried even re-install of applicasion. Thankz!!

• Visitor
  • All settings good, no scrobbling.   Plese fix, tried even re-install of applicasion.   Thankz!!
  • rplevy
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes